Labour Leadership - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Labour Leadership

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting times ahead. I wonder who Corbyn will put in his shadow cabinet. Burnham could well be in there and someone like John McDonnell would do a good turn as well. Does he do the old Harold Wilson trick of keeping his enemies close and put a few right-wingers in there? That might not be a bad idea: I reckon his biggest threat will come from the PLP.

It's an amazing result though. I fully expected Corbyn to come a distant last! In the short term, it's good to know that the Tories are likely to face a proper opposition. Hopefully that means that things like the TU reform bill and even Trident renewal might be scuppered. :)

60% would be huge, if any MPs or party figures disagree with his victory, they shouldnt cause any trouble, they should just quit. Thats a pretty decisive victory for the left.

Cards on the table: I had JC as Deputy but, I can live with the man leading the party, pro-tem

I still doubt he will be in place for the next GE - when 'bland' will be the order of the day. (IMHO.)

Right, aff for the free wine. :sing::cheers3:

Edited by Wibble

We'll see. I'm not convinced. Corbyn threatens the establishment and that can't be allowed. Overthrown or assassinated?

'Check and then double check the brakes on your bike, Jeremy', would be my advice to him!

Seriously, I mentioned Harold Wilson in my last post and his presence as PM fair put the shits up the establishment - and Wilson was far more of the establishment than Corbyn and his politics, comparatively, were less radical.

Certainly, some of the stuff Corbyn has had to put up with from the media so far as been disgraceful; as bad, if not worse, than the Yes campaign faced during the referendum.

Will be still ride his bike and take the train? These are questions that must be answered!

Never mind that. What I want to know is does he or does he not own a duffel coat?

No idea how you think you could get to that position.

The bills would have to be put before parliament. If a majority of MPs voted against them (I suspect the TU bill will face more opposition than Trident) then they can't be put into law. Or can they? Is it more complicated than that?

'Check and then double check the brakes on your bike, Jeremy', would be my advice to him!

Seriously, I mentioned Harold Wilson in my last post and his presence as PM fair put the shits up the establishment - and Wilson was far more of the establishment than Corbyn and his politics, comparatively, were less radical.

Certainly, some of the stuff Corbyn has had to put up with from the media so far as been disgraceful; as bad, if not worse, than the Yes campaign faced during the referendum.

They destablised his government, operation ClockWork Orange

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clockwork_Orange_%28plot%29

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2006/mar/15/comment.labour1

Edited by phart

Will be still ride his bike and take the train? These are questions that must be answered!

When Cameron was leader of the opposition he used to regularly cycle from his house in Notting Hill to Westminster. Only problem was that he used to have a car following him with his suit in it.