Team For Germany Game. - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Team For Germany Game.

kmcca5

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

runningtings, on 07 Sept 2015 - 09:34 AM, said:

Forrest is total pish. Hope not.

Correct. The time where he ran the ball right out the pitch on Friday would've been hilarious if it wasn't so anger-inducing. An absolute imposter.

He is incredibly frustrating is Forrest. Once in every 5 or 6 games he is excellent but that's not good enough at club level and certainly not international level.

He is also atrocious at tracking back, terrible for it in fact. If he plays tonight, his full back will be exposed and when you are playing the world champions that is only going to end in disaster. Personally I would have Armstrong in ahead of him every day of the week.

Wouldn't be surprised if Martin starts. He's a big unit and Strachan has a history of playing physically big players against big opposition. Also expect two from Hutton, Whittaker and Forsyth to get the full back spots.

Not sure how we'll be able to cope with Muller's movement - he's a world class striker. Goetze is also a massive threat.

Edited by Saint4805

Correct. The time where he ran the ball right out the pitch on Friday would've been hilarious if it wasn't so anger-inducing. An absolute imposter.

Aye, that was about his best moment in the game too. :lol: I wasn't the only person in the pub pishing myself laughing at that bit of "skill". I know we shouldn't laugh but sometimes you just can't help it.

I'm following the example of many Scotland fans and I'm going to wait until after the game to pick my team. If we lose, this means that I can publicly castigate all of the players who had a bad game and then get torn in to Strachan for selecting them.

My side will contain players from teams like Derby County and Fulham- players who would undoubtedly have made all the difference against the world champions if they had only been given a chance.

Marshall

Hutton Martin Mulgrew Whittaker

Brown Mulgrew

Maloney morrison anya

Naismith

Roberston was awful in Georgia and i really worry about us getting ripped apart if he is playing.

Mulgrew can help cover whittaker, brown can help hutton and morrison can drop deep.

I'm following the example of many Scotland fans and I'm going to wait until after the game to pick my team. If we lose, this means that I can publicly castigate all of the players who had a bad game and then get torn in to Strachan for selecting them.

My side will contain players from teams like Derby County and Fulham- players who would undoubtedly have made all the difference against the world champions if they had only been given a chance.

Yes hindsight is a wonderful thing. The sad reality is that we are an average team in a stinker of a group - a combination of bad luck and paying the price for relatively poor campaigns over the past ten years. I genuinely believe that we would have finished in the top 2 if we were in Wales or N Ireland's groups.

Qualifying for the World Cup is almost impossible due to the lack of places and the fiddled play-off seedings. Barring some slip ups by Ireland and Poland our next best hope is the Euros in 2020.

I think some fans forget that we can only use the players available to us. We don’t even have any players playing in the Champions League. Friday’s performance was also very similar to home and away to Ireland and also home to Georgia.

If there were better players out there im sure the current players would step aside for the good of the team. But there isn’t.

These players are better than all of us. If we want to criticise them excessively then we need to first look at ourselves. They have dedicated themselves from an early age to be the best they can be at this game.

If it’s not good enough… at least they have given it a go while most of the TA measure themselves on how many pints they have before a game.

We all share the blame.

Edited by stevenm1985

Apparently this is the team:

Marhsall

Hutton

R Martin

Hanley

Mulgrew

Brown

McArthur

Morrison

Forrest

Maloney

S Fletcher

Don't mind McArthur being brought in, he's been excellent for Palace this season. Morrison moving further forward is a good move as is dropping Naismith who's been poor lately and isn't getting games.

Hutton shouldn't be near the team given his shocking form for us and the fact he's barely featured for Villa. Mulgrew is never a left back, his best position is centre mid and there are better options. Sadly predictable that he got nod over Robertson.

As for persisting with Fletcher and bringing in James Road Runner Forrest, jesus wept.

Having said that, will happily come on here afterwards and say I was wrong if we get something but that team fills me with no confidence.

If it’s not good enough… at least they have given it a go while most of the TA measure themselves on how many pints they have before a game. ## nonsense

We all share them blame. ## how so ?

Because we are all worse than James Forrest etc or whoever else that's in the team.

If we want to slate the players my point is that - first look at who could replace them.

At a young age we could all have been potential Scotland players. But we were either not good enough or couldnt be arsed trying.

Lets support the best we have!