Tamb Running Thread - Page 36 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup London is cheaper than Edin. I am on waiting list for Loch Leven. Deliberately waited till it was full and joined list as wasn't sure if I'd be able to get day off work. I think it was on Friday I signed up so might be worth joining as I doubt many will have (and I won't be able to take up a place if offered one).

I see the 2016 ballot is not going to cut out after a certain number have signed up.

It's going to run for a defined period.

I noticed that too, does that mean that the previous 1 in 7 chance of getting a place is going to be even slimmer?

It's a bonus, though, for the folks running Belfast Marathon on BH Monday, as they can enter the ballot.

I've got a place for Loch Leven, I had no idea it was one that sold out. By far the best half of the summer (of the year in my opinion) is Skye, which I've done for the past 4 years, but can't do this year unfortunately. I see today that it has sold out, having trebled in the number of entrants in the past few years, the 'secret' clearly is out

Edited by Pool Q

Although a pain in the jacksie, it's great to see so many of these smaller local events selling out.

Always find them great value compared to a lot of the big professionally organised for profit ones.

Highland Fling completed for a 2nd time. Knocked nearly 1h off last years time but just failed in getting under 9h by 1min and 38sec.

Happy with the run though and the conditions were just fantastic, especially considering what they were like on Sunday.

Edited by College_Boy

Highland Fling completed for a 2nd time. Knocked nearly 1h off last years time but just failed in getting under 9h by 1min and 38sec.

Happy with the run though and the conditions were just fantastic, especially considering what they were like on Sunday.

That' s a great time, I was marshalling at Inversnaid, enjoyable day. Hopefully get in a relay time next year.

Well done Sir! Its the marshalling that makes it the race it is.

I went through Inversnaid around 5.20 (11.20am). The marshal who helped me couldn't have done any more or been any more efficient - certainly as good as my mate who was supporting at the other checkpoints. I hope he enjoyed the chocolate mike, chocolate crepe and other goodies I left.

The relay must be fun if your a decent runner as there are so many people to pass, but its the full fling you should aim for!

Decided to get off my arse and start running to shift some weight.

First parkrun this morning in 35:33 (guess the training when I last ran 30 years ago isn't helping any more :D).

Looking to go sub 34 in 3 weeks time after some training.

I ran over three minutes faster this morning - 32:19.

Looking to go sub 31 towards the end of May.

Done the Edinburgh to North Berwick 20 mile race earlier today. Done it in 3 hours which I'm pretty content with (especially given that each mile was into a strong headwind).

A bizarrely quiet event given it's distance and it being just 4 weeks before the marathon I. Edinburgh

Was wishing I'd entered that but given the headwind in first 2km of parkrun at Cramond (unusual) was glad I hadn't. Must have been brutal. Next year!

Was wishing I'd entered that but given the headwind in first 2km of parkrun at Cramond (unusual) was glad I hadn't. Must have been brutal. Next year!

I've ran in worse to be honest, but it was certainly a strong wind throughout. The 19th mile being the worst just on the approach to North Berwick - quite high up and very exposed. I was barely walking at that point!

Only a field of around 150 finishers which I came fathom out. Id have thought that it would appeal to a lot of Edinburgh marathoners