Tamb Running Thread - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did the Glasgow half in 2000 or 2001 when Jimmy Savile participated :yikes3:.

Stayed off the Don Revie today so I can do my three-mile uphill slog to Carmunnock (through Simshill and Chateau Lait) and home via Busby - total distance 7.5 miles - tomorrow morning. I then enjoy a full Scottish all the more

I've been trying to increase the distance I run for recently, having stuck to 10 or 11 km for a while.

I went on a slightly longer route to my normal 10k route today and ended up running for just shy of 15km in 1 hour 26mins. Felt pretty good at the end and I reckon I could push on a fair bit more - I suspect that the main barrier is psychological rather than physical.

Was very pleased to find clusters of ripe brambles growing wild at several points en route and helped myself to a fair amount - great for a boost. People don't seem to bother too much with them for some reason these days, which is fine with me.

Was very pleased to find clusters of ripe brambles growing wild at several points en route and helped myself to a fair amount - great for a boost. People don't seem to bother too much with them for some reason these days, which is fine with me.

I did the same today when out for a long run (19 miles) Didnt take any water etc but the brambles seemed to perk me up.....they are fantastic this year...and so many of them.

Does long distance running actually do anything for you in terms of fitness and CV? I would imagine the optimum run distance would be around 10km for most " fun" runners in terms of a combination of speed and cv work. Sprint work at lower distances enables you to vary your routine a bit.

Edited by EddardStark