Leaked Blood Tests Reveal Massive Doping Suspicions In Distance Running - Page 8 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Leaked Blood Tests Reveal Massive Doping Suspicions In Distance Running

phart

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

and remember SKY runs right through British Cycling as well.

Although British cycling has a more dope themed definition now.

One of the better articles on the situation.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/will-chris-froomes-salbutamol-result-sink-team-sky/?utm_content=buffer04cc0&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Edited by phart

BBC going full damage control. Trying to claim salbutomol isn't performance enhancing,  dehydration causing increased concentrations.

Problem is it is PE, in fact up to 29% longer till exhaustion in lab tests.

It was an easy stage which was only 4 hours long, and was generally a benign one. If he was going to pop at some point for salbutomol due to dehydration you'd think it would have happened in the hundreds of harder stages before.

5 hours ago, phart said:

BBC going full damage control. Trying to claim salbutomol isn't performance enhancing,  dehydration causing increased concentrations.

Problem is it is PE, in fact up to 29% longer till exhaustion in lab tests.

It was an easy stage which was only 4 hours long, and was generally a benign one. If he was going to pop at some point for salbutomol due to dehydration you'd think it would have happened in the hundreds of harder stages before.

Interesting about the 29%. was listening to the BBC podcast earlier and you'd think it wouldn't have any benefits at all the way they spoke about it. 

Curious to see how they'll replicate a stage two and a half weeks into a tour to try and prove the results due to dehydration etc. 

16 hours ago, Donaldo87 said:

Interesting about the 29%. was listening to the BBC podcast earlier and you'd think it wouldn't have any benefits at all the way they spoke about it. 

Curious to see how they'll replicate a stage two and a half weeks into a tour to try and prove the results due to dehydration etc. 

Here's a quote from the guy doping a lot of athletes in the 90's and 2000's  from an interview in the spectator. The BBC just spent a lot of money hyping him for sports personality of the year awards.

What about asthma inhalers? So often we see top-level endurance athletes sucking on inhalers, a sight at odds with most people’s childhood memories of asthmatic classmates’ loathing of aerobic exercise. Could it be the humble asthma inhaler holds performance-enhancing qualities?

‘I call it the “transporter”,’ he says. ‘It opens and expands not only your lung capacity but also your pulmonary capability, so it has improved capacity to move the blood cells

‘In other words, if you were using EPO, or if you were using another substance like EPO, it would help you to boost endurance even more. It is like multiplying the effects by between three and five times.’

He points out some athletes are using the pumps legitimately because they have what he calls ‘induced asthma’ from training, but that others are cheating by conning doctors into giving them medical letters stating that they have the condition, letters that no anti-doping agency on the planet can argue with. ‘It’s like a green light for doping,’ he says.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2017/09/angel-hernandez-i-no-longer-dope-athletes-but-pretty-much-everyone-else-does/

48 minutes ago, phart said:

Here's a quote from the guy doping a lot of athletes in the 90's and 2000's  from an interview in the spectator. The BBC just spent a lot of money hyping him for sports personality of the year awards.

What about asthma inhalers? So often we see top-level endurance athletes sucking on inhalers, a sight at odds with most people’s childhood memories of asthmatic classmates’ loathing of aerobic exercise. Could it be the humble asthma inhaler holds performance-enhancing qualities?

‘I call it the “transporter”,’ he says. ‘It opens and expands not only your lung capacity but also your pulmonary capability, so it has improved capacity to move the blood cells

‘In other words, if you were using EPO, or if you were using another substance like EPO, it would help you to boost endurance even more. It is like multiplying the effects by between three and five times.’

He points out some athletes are using the pumps legitimately because they have what he calls ‘induced asthma’ from training, but that others are cheating by conning doctors into giving them medical letters stating that they have the condition, letters that no anti-doping agency on the planet can argue with. ‘It’s like a green light for doping,’ he says.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2017/09/angel-hernandez-i-no-longer-dope-athletes-but-pretty-much-everyone-else-does/

Really interesting reading, thanks phart. 

Pretty interesting to note the  referencing of Salazar in the article too. Farah's eventual fall will be just as good as Froome's will be. The unquestioning, sycophantic nature of the coverage they have received will make this all the sweeter. 

2 hours ago, phart said:

Let's be clear though this stuff is nothing compared to what footballers,basketball players, NFL etc are on.

Yeah, i'm under no illusions that it happens sport-wide. The punishments for PED's in the NFL in particular are utterly pathetic. 

2 hours ago, Orraloon said:

If Scottish football players are on drugs, it would appear that they are not of the performance enhancing variety.:lol:

When Strachan made his "genetically" comment i thought he was making a sideways nod to PED's. Although a lot of folk were just thinking he was being daft.

35 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Yeah, i'm under no illusions that it happens sport-wide. The punishments for PED's in the NFL in particular are utterly pathetic. 

I'm starting to think there might be motors being used in cycling as well. Not enough evidence at all, but just seems more likely the more you see cheating, and someone was caught at a motocross event with one.

1 minute ago, phart said:

I'm starting to think there might be motors being used in cycling as well. Not enough evidence at all, but just seems more likely the more you see cheating, and someone was caught at a motocross event with one.

Yeah, the dutch woman? 

The motor-doping stories have been around for a while. I always see the Froome on Ventoux clip shown as an example of it. Cancellara always seems to be getting accused too. Got to be honest though, i've not really read in to it very much at all. 

Will be interesting what David Millar says about this...he has been very candid about the whole drug taking culture in cycling and very scathing of the continued cheating that still pervades this "sport".

And for Froome, it seems his only attempt at defending himself at the moment is that he was taking a drug but aiming to keep JUST inside the legal limit...and has been caught out at last...

Irrespective of whether he gets away with this or not, it has proven conclusively that he DOES take performance enhancing drugs.

15 hours ago, buckielugger said:

Will be interesting what David Millar says about this...he has been very candid about the whole drug taking culture in cycling and very scathing of the continued cheating that still pervades this "sport".

No he hasn't, that's PR, his sister works for SKY in a PR capacity.

I'm not a fan of David Millar at all, or his sister.

Froome took 2 million euro from Israel to start the Giro next year (it kicks off in Israel)

Report: Israel pays € 2 million to renowned cyclist to participate in Giro d'Italia
Israel reportedly agrees to pay € 2 million to Four-time Tour de France champion Chris Froome so he would participate in the 2018 Giro d'Italia bicycle race scheduled to start in Israel.

https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-5049804,00.html

• 2 weeks later...

A French magazine is quoting an investigation into motors being used. A judicial front has also been open for a few months, the magazine is like a weekly Private Eye in France.

A judicial front has also been open for a few months, Le Canard Enchaîné announced in its Wednesday edition. Following a preliminary investigation by the Financial Prosecuting Service, magistrates Claire Thépaut and Serge Tournaire were assigned last summer to investigate the subject.

"Supported by the financial crimes division of the police, they are sifting through links exposed between international teams, private companies and high authorities of cycling," Le Canard Enchaîné explains. According to the weekly magazine, the two judges suspect "a corruption pact sealed at the highest international level" that would have "benefited very prominent riders": "It would have allowed them to benefit from the latest technological advances in the area of electric motors."

• 4 weeks later...

Seems like Froome might be going with 24hr renal failure as an excuse for his adverse finding.

or my kidneys weren't working. Not quite up there with Tyler Hamilton's my twin brother died in the womb excuse but getting there.

• 2 weeks later...