• Announcements

• TAMB1

PLEASE READ: TAMB is not closing!   10/12/2017

Just to provide an update on the future of the Tartan Army Message Board. To be clear the board will not be closing and instead will be staying open and will hopefully go from strength to strength. Who Are We? We are a group of Scotland supporters who have varied skills and expertise, along with experience of  being involved in football and running football message boards. When we heard the TAMB faced closure, we contacted the old team with a detailed plan which involved financing and running the board. After speaking to the old team on a number of occasions they have allowed us to put our plan into action. While speaking to them and going on their experience and that of those before them, we have elected to keep our identity private, however rest assured we have the best intentions for the board and those on it. Our Plans. Our plan will involve a number of stages which we hope will not only keep the board going but help improve and rejuvenate it. Our first step will be to do a bit of a clean-up of the board. This will involve some downtime for a few hours where posting will be disabled. We plan to do this early next week, a full notice will be posted on the board then. Once that is completed we will be upgrading the current board platform, both behind the scenes and hopefully aesthetically too. There will be an ongoing process of board improvements which we hope you, the user will help us with, so you have a board you will enjoy We thank the old board team for all their hard work, dedication and their help during this handover and hope you will all help support our plans going forward.
Ormond

England

Looking for some advice. Im not going to finish on the Fri of the England game in enough time to get a flight from Glasgow to London till after 3.30 pm. I know it will be pushing it anyway but plan to go down for even as much of the game ias possible, even half time!

Im currently waiting to book flights but looking like my only option will be British Airways as Easyjet and Ryanair flights are not showing at the right time. So my option (pending no change from this Nov to next times) is

16.10 flight to London City arriving 17.30

16.55 flight to Gatwick arriving 18.25

17.05 flight to Heathrow arriving 18.30

Anybody any idea which airport is easiest to get to Wembley from? To me if London City seems the best choice as its arriving an hour earlier but if its over an hour away in the wrong direction then not best.

Or anyone have any other routes or airlines im open to suggestions.

Best to use the Transport for London website

London City could get you to Wembley Park in an average time of 45 mins

Gatwick in just over an hour

Heathrow (T5) in just under an hour

So pretty much of a muchness??

Hotel booked. Same one I used for the last game on Camden Road. Only a couple of tube stops from Kings Cross.

I've booked a place near Wembley. £188 for a triple room, including breakfast.

Best to use the Transport for London website

London City could get you to Wembley Park in an average time of 45 mins

Gatwick in just over an hour

Heathrow (T5) in just under an hour

So pretty much of a muchness??

Brill website thanks! Going with the London City. Earlier into London the better!

All booked up now. 8 lads from Dundee travelling down on the train, staying at comfort inn kings cross for two nights,all for 212pp. Looking forward to this!!

All booked up now. 8 lads from Dundee travelling down on the train, staying at comfort inn kings cross for two nights,all for 212pp. Looking forward to this!!

how did you book the train so early?

We booked a package through Ramsay World Travel. They have shops in Dundee,Aberdeen,Edinburgh and Dunfermline I think. It's through one of their superbreak deals but its been advertised for the football. They have a Facebook page it's advertised on that if you want to have a look.

All booked up suppose to be 6 of us going down looking more like 10 or 11 lads now. My brother in-law is moving away to OZ with his wife obviously! lol So we thought what better send him off than the England away game.............& to top it off its his stagger!:spin:

Staying beside Canning Town station at the Ibis Hotel Excel Docklands with flights £190, prity good dea, 40 mins in tube from Trafalgar Square. Down on the Thur morning home on the Sunday flying from Aberdeen

Anyone staying in this hotel for the game??? 

On 8/15/2015 at 0:22 AM, Squirrelhumper said:

It's 10% for world cup games.

Was there away points awarded to the traveling SSC members that went to London?

Edited by steviewatt1

2 hours ago, steviewatt1 said:

Was there away points awarded to the traveling SSC members that went to London?

If they went with a ticket they got from the SSC, yes.