Tambers Overseas - What Local Teams Do You Follow? - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tambers Overseas - What Local Teams Do You Follow?

[quote name="aaid" post="178431" timestamp="1436602122

HSV are a proper club with proper fans. St Pauli are the hipsters version of Bayern Munich.

I'm off today to see the real Hamburg alternative Altona 93 play at Dulwich Hamletbeen out to ALtonas ground didn't go to a game there fans seem pretty similar politically to St pauli fans.that's not why I didn't go just had a beer head on

been out to ALtonas ground didn't go to a game there fans seem pretty similar politically to St pauli fans.that's not why I didn't go just had a beer head on

Difference is that at clubs like Altona it's football first politics second unlike St Pauli where football is a very distant second.

When over visiting in-laws will take in NYVA Ternopil games, but for Ukrainian 2nd-3rd division (they yo-yo a bit between leagues) it's like watching the very lower reaches of the Ayrshire junior leagues, so will make the 2 hour train ride to watch Karpaty, or try organise our visit to coincide with passing through Kyiv when Dynamo play LOL

Don't follow English football really. Have a soft spot for Spurs, my in laws and a lot of my mates follow them.

I do however follow Bath Rugby. Rugby seems to dominate the sporting scene in the West Country. With Bath there is Gloucester, Exeter, Bristol and Plymouth.

J

As the name suggests, my local team is U.C Ceares (from Gijón). We play in Spanish fourth division. Fan owned and run club. Really good atmosphere at matches, club president is usually drunk in the terrace with the fans and can sometimes be seen wearing a Hibs top.

Fanatical Sydney FC fan, regular in the Cove where the singing happens. Now much prefer the A-league to the SPL - albeit Hibernian's exit from the top flight has accentuated this. Even at that though, the sheer boringness of Celtic winning the title every year, and before recent times Old Firm duopoly just makes you despair for the Scottish game. It's dying whilst the game down here is growing.

Love the games in the A-league and the passion shown by the fans who know they are in the minority to the larger sports (for now) of rugby, rugby league and AFL.

The redhot sellout atmosphere at the Sydney derby (Syd fc v West Syd wanderers) or for the matter Melb derby (Melb Victory v Melb City) ,although I've never been the latter, is easily the equal of the best Edinburgh derbies I've attended.

Fanatical Sydney FC fan, regular in the Cove where the singing happens. Now much prefer the A-league to the SPL - albeit Hibernian's exit from the top flight has accentuated this. Even at that though, the sheer boringness of Celtic winning the title every year, and before recent times Old Firm duopoly just makes you despair for the Scottish game. It's dying whilst the game down here is growing.

Love the games in the A-league and the passion shown by the fans who know they are in the minority to the larger sports (for now) of rugby, rugby league and AFL.

The redhot sellout atmosphere at the Sydney derby (Syd fc v West Syd wanderers) or for the matter Melb derby (Melb Victory v Melb City) ,although I've never been the latter, is easily the equal of the best Edinburgh derbies I've attended.

It is great atmosphere in the cove! Been a season ticket holder there for 3 yrs now but beginning to struggle to make enough games to make the ticket worthwhile!

Atmosphere against victory is another great one for Sydney games.

FTT!!!

I've adopted Omiya Ardija who play in the Japanese J-League 2 as my local team. Been following them for a few years now. We had an awful season last year, relegated from J-League 1 and also sold our best player Zlatan Ljubijankic to our local city rivals (Urawa Red Diamonds).

Things have been pretty good recently, just past the midway point in the season here and we're 8 points clear and looking pretty shit hot...Ticket prices at Omiya are about 11 quid, the atmosphere is pretty decent, no trouble at all plus you can take your own booze into the stadium :ok:

What's the setup with your own local teams?

I'm someone who likes a bet on Japanese football (i bet on anything, really...). My betting experience of J-League 2 is that it's boring as hell and that there are hardly any goals scored. Is this right?

I'm someone who likes a bet on Japanese football (i bet on anything, really...). My betting experience of J-League 2 is that it's boring as hell and that there are hardly any goals scored. Is this right?

The standard of football in J-League 2 isn't the greatest, that's for sure. I wouldn't say there's hardly any goals but the games are hard to predict and there's usually always surprise results every week...Quite risky for betting.

J-League 1 is where the goals are at, 9 games played on Saturday - 35 goals.

The standard of football in J-League 2 isn't the greatest, that's for sure. I wouldn't say there's hardly any goals but the games are hard to predict and there's usually always surprise results every week...Quite risky for betting.

J-League 1 is where the goals are at, 9 games played on Saturday - 35 goals.

I normally bet on over 2.5 goals and the odds for J-League 2 are always good, so i get tempted in. It never comes up though and my games normally finish 1-0 :(

Zawisza bydgoszcz. Never been but wife is from there and brother in law is a fan.there fans are mental.won the polish cup last year then got relegated. There used to be a guy went to Scotland games with a big saltire with bydgoszcz on it.Peter I think. Not seen him in years.