Ticket Sales - Page 10 - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ticket Sales

kmcca5

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must be some legal issue to stop them doing it otherwise people would be forced to have to pay the ssc fee to join just to get a ticket

I'm not sure if there's a legal issue or not but as far as I'm aware there has been a public sale for every home game.

The only reason people are getting their knickers in a twist this time is because of the number of Poles living in the UK.

This will be an immense atmosphere if we get the 3 points in Tiblisi and getting anything from the Germany game would be a bonus. If we limit the Polish uptake of tickets it can only help our chances of making it a winner takes all for 2nd spot.

Just secured my North stand ticket due to the re-release to SSC members. (Well done SFA!) :yikes3:

:lol:

Aye, go call the police.

Police about what? Even if it was a legal issue the fact they had limited it meant they wouldn't have broken the law smartarse....Ah your cute with your emoticons though!!

Doesn't concern me i've got my ticket was just maybe a reason why they do limit the numbers.

Edited by radian_13

The SFA can choose to sell the tickets to whoever they want. They could decide to sell none if they wanted.

Even if there were 50000 SSC members the chances of selling out Hampden regularly to them is next to none. It is only extreme cases like Poland where they are against a public sale.

As I said above if 1/3 of the SSC members don't fancy going to a game that potentially could see us qualify for the first time in almost 20 years then I don't think we need to worry too much about other games not been available to the public.

The SFA can choose to sell the tickets to whoever they want. They could decide to sell none if they wanted.

Even if there were 50000 SSC members the chances of selling out Hampden regularly to them is next to none. It is only extreme cases like Poland where they are against a public sale.

As I said above if 1/3 of the SSC members don't fancy going to a game that potentially could see us qualify for the first time in almost 20 years then I don't think we need to worry too much about other games not been available to the public.

There are thousands of Scots who are not SSC members who are waiting to buy tickets for both of these games and they will get their chance.

It's just a matter of how many tickets will be available for the public sale.

Even if they open the sale up to members who have already bought a ticket I think there will still be a public sale.

There are folk on here that seem to think the 20 odd thousand members who have already bought a ticket are all sitting about waiting anxiously to buy another ticket which I just don't think is true.

The fact is that most members already go to games with their mates who support Scotland. I offered a few mates the chance of my additional tickets last Friday and none of them were interested. Not 2-3 months before the matches anyway.

There are thousands of Scots who are not SSC members who are waiting to buy tickets for both of these games and they will get their chance.

It's just a matter of how many tickets will be available for the public sale.

Even if they open the sale up to members who have already bought a ticket I think there will still be a public sale.

There are folk on here that seem to think the 20 odd thousand members who have already bought a ticket are all sitting about waiting anxiously to buy another ticket which I just don't think is true.

The fact is that most members already go to games with their mates who support Scotland. I offered a few mates the chance of my additional tickets last Friday and none of them were interested. Not 2-3 months before the matches anyway.

Sorry but disagree I've loads of guys at me for both games, as I've said 3 times now on here I've spoken over the phone direct to the ssc office and they said immediately there will not be a public sale!!!!!

Maybe I'm talkin a different language to some on here, I give up....

Sorry but disagree I've loads of guys at me for both games, as I've said 3 times now on here I've spoken over the phone direct to the ssc office and they said immediately there will not be a public sale!!!!!

Maybe I'm talkin a different language to some on here, I give up....

We'll see mate.

Everyone I know who has spoken to them has been told that the process for the public sale hasn't been decided on yet. There was also a tweet today which was along the same lines. The tweet also said the FINAL members sale would end on Friday.

How can they possibly know if there's going to be a public sale or not until the tickets are sold out?

I would say there'll be a public sale for Germany but the SFA will 'ensure' there won't be one for Poland.

Yeah I think they'll do everything they can to prevent one for the Poland game but they won't have much of a choice if there are tickets left after all of their jiggery pokery.

It's a no brainer. The SSC have to decide if they want the stadium full of Scots against Poland or open to a public sale and allow the Poles getting a few thousand extra fans in . If they go for the public sale then it will be another school boy error from the SSC.

It's a no brainer. The SSC have to decide if they want the stadium full of Scots against Poland or open to a public sale and allow the Poles getting a few thousand extra fans in . If they go for the public sale then it will be another school boy error from the SSC.

I think they've already made their mind up. Why else would they be opening up tickets sales again? Looks to me like they are doing as much as they can to avoid a public sale and hopefully they announce that all members will have the chance of extra tickets after Friday.

I think they've already made their mind up. Why else would they be opening up tickets sales again? Looks to me like they are doing as much as they can to avoid a public sale and hopefully they announce that all members will have the chance of extra tickets after Friday.

I'd be amazed if this isn't what happens.