Euro 2016 Finals -Ticket Portal - Page 14 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Euro 2016 Finals -Ticket Portal

stirlish

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

I have Romania Switzerland in Group A in Parc des Princes Paris 15/06. If anyone has one spare ticket for a game I am looking out for any in Paris,Lens,Lille in the group stages or in the first knockout round. Hoping to pick up some more from tomorrow onwards in the next phase of sales.

I take we can't buy more tickets now because Scotland didn't qualify? The portal reopens in the spring to sell returns doesn't it?

I don't suppose anyone is looking to get shot of 4 x tickets for 1st July in Lille, 30th June in Marseille or anything similar? Thought not!

Have decoded my quarter final tickets for Stade de France :

It's France or Romania or Switzerland or Albania or Germany or Poland or Ukraine or NI or Spain or Czech Republic or Turkey or Croatia or Belgium or Italy or Ireland or Sweden

v England or Russia or Slovakia or Wales or Austria or Hungary or Iceland or Portugal.

It's gonna be Norn Iron v England isn't it?

got one ticket each for the following games, for sale, Albania v Switzerland and Austria v hungary.

sat 11th june at Lens and tues 14th june at Bordeaux. [face price]

Was hoping for better games so just going to cut my losses. My flights were thru avios so no financial loss there.

got one ticket each for the following games, for sale, Albania v Switzerland and Austria v hungary.

sat 11th june at Lens and tues 14th june at Bordeaux. [face price]

Was hoping for better games so just going to cut my losses. My flights were thru avios so no financial loss there.

Looking to buy Albania Switzerland in Lens on 11/06 if still available

Not sure if mentioned already ....just didnt want to check previous 23 pages

UEFA will open an exchange ticket portal in March - for people that got to tickets to games they want to exchange or sell at ticket face value....so if ye got tickets for a game ye didnt want - ye will have a good chance of changing it in March

Tried to get tickets, but it says you've to be a national of one of the playing teams?

Can anyone who's applied assist me please?

Cheers

Some teams only let you apply for tickets if you're a member of their supporters club and others only let you apply if you're resident in that country (have an address there you can send them to...) or a citizen (have a passport...).

There's a list of teams and their rules but in either case you need to set up a new account with the relevant address/passport number.

I think we can probably get past the northern Ireland barrier because technically we live in the same country. Otherwise you need friends abroad or foreign pals.

Some teams only let you apply for tickets if you're a member of their supporters club and others only let you apply if you're resident in that country (have an address there you can send them to...) or a citizen (have a passport...).

There's a list of teams and their rules but in either case you need to set up a new account with the relevant address/passport number.

I think we can probably get past the northern Ireland barrier because technically we live in the same country. Otherwise you need friends abroad or foreign pals.

Wouldn't that involve going to Northern Ireland game? Yeuch.

Cheers Northen Ireland? I don't think I'll bother

When you get to the ticketing page that has all the wee balls in the participating countries colours, there is an option to go to the general sale portal to buy tickets. This will probably an easier way of getting tickets rather than forging your details or adopting a different nationality.

I would imagine it is against EU law to restrict/limit access to tickets to EU citizens.

I haven't seen this way of doing things before but I suspect they are doing it to try and segregate fans in the neutral areas.

When you get to the ticketing page that has all the wee balls in the participating countries colours, there is an option to go to the general sale portal to buy tickets. This will probably an easier way of getting tickets rather than forging your details or adopting a different nationality.

I would imagine it is against EU law to restrict/limit access to tickets to EU citizens.

I haven't seen this way of doing things before but I suspect they are doing it to try and segregate fans in the neutral areas.

If you go to the general ticketing section you only have access to cat 1 and cat 2 in most cases.

The supporters part is basically for the supporters club members if the team has one. You get access to the cheap tickets too. Us non elite would be delighted with that I suppose but there would have been an uproar on here because it doesn't take any notice of the points system.

At least we avoided that problem...

If you go to the general ticketing section you only have access to cat 1 and cat 2 in most cases.

The supporters part is basically for the supporters club members if the team has one. You get access to the cheap tickets too. Us non elite would be delighted with that I suppose but there would have been an uproar on here because it doesn't take any notice of the points system.

At least we avoided that problem...

Why wouldn't the points system be used? There's loads of them that are only available to the teams supporters club.

Why wouldn't the points system be used? There's loads of them that are only available to the teams supporters club.

I'm not sure the system on the portal would be adapted for each supporter club's custom system. They seem to take a membership number and put you into a lottery. Would they really weight the lottery based on our particular points system? Maybe they would but I guess we'll never know...

Edited by thewelk

Northern Ireland do use a priority system as follows

The Irish FA is collating a priority booking list based on two factors - block bookers who renewed their tickets following the World Cup 2014 qualifying campaign and tickets purchased throughout the UEFA Euro 2016 qualifying campaign – i.e. campaign cards, single home and away match tickets and friendlies. Supporters who apply for one ticket per match will have a level of priority based on their own purchases, while fans who apply for two tickets will have a shared priority allocation. For example, if a block booker who applies with another block booker then both remain at the level of priority that they would have had if they had been applying as individuals. However, if a block booker applies with a supporter who hasn’t attended any Northern Ireland games in recent years, then the priority points will be divided between both. Please note that when you apply during the application window (14 December – 18 January) has no impact on priority. This edition of the 12th Man will provide a guide for fans who wish to apply for tickets to attend Northern Ireland fixtures in France for the UEFA Euro 2016 Finals which take place from 10th June 2016. PRIORITY SCHEME CAMPAIGN CARD HOLDER BONUS HOME AND AWAY COMPETITIVE FIXTURES FRIENDLY FIXTURES 3 POINTS PER CAMPAIGN 2 POINTS PER MATCH 1 POINT PER MATCH

Seems fair and no doubt other countries do as well. Best plan for us is to use the general sale just now / wait for returns/keep an eye on this forum for spares. I went to the last two Euros and picked most of my tickets from the last phase of selling. So the message is stay cool.