Boycott The Qatar Game - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Boycott The Qatar Game

Lawnmower

I have just read the the official Qatar government Statement that says over 1000 migrant workers have died involved in the stadium building. Why are we even thinking of playing this country . Richard Keys who got the bullet from Sky for being a sexist moron is now defending the Qatar authorities, what an idiot. We know why he lives out there because women are treated like second class citizens. So come on true football supporters give this a miss and embarrass the SFA for agreeing to this game.

I have just read the the official Qatar government Statement that says over 1000 migrant workers have died involved in the stadium building. Why are we even thinking of playing this country . Richard Keys who got the bullet from Sky for being a sexist lovely cuddly bunny is now defending the Qatar authorities, what an idiot. We know why he lives out there because women are treated like second class citizens. So come on true football supporters give this a miss and embarrass the SFA for agreeing to this game.

In terms of gender equality, I think you are getting Qatar mixed up with Saudi Arabia. I didn't notice any boycott advocated for the US friendlies and the US have been responsible for more deaths in the Middle East than the Qataris. In fact, we should be boycotting every Scotland game if looking at the number of deaths caused by the UK in the last 15 years in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Am not sure what a true football supporter definition is but I will happily be attending the Qatar game.

I was not confusing Qatar with Saudi .

The Qatar constitution is governed by Sharia law. Let's hope that no female is attacked during the World Cup in Qatar because a female testimony is only worth half of a males and in most cases not heard at all. If you happen to be gay then you had better beware. A few years ago they wanted to stone to death a gay prince of their own royal family.

I'll be going to Easter Road next week but I think we should organise some sort of protest against ongoing FIFA corruption headed up by Sepp Blatter. Red Cards, t-shirts, a big banner, etc would get the point across that Scotland fans are great but won't support their team at any price That man and his cronies have had their fingers in the till for too long but unfortunately all big sporting events it would seem are now only going to go to countries with dubious democracies and no free press because it is these places that can mobilise the amounts of cheese required to grease the palms for votes. It makes you sick when you hear Blatter saying this is 'footballs problem' when it is in fact an age old one: greedy men who have been corrupted by ultimate power. I will be going next Friday to support Scotland as usual but will try to incorporate a say no to FIFA corruption message in to my trip to the match.

I was not confusing Qatar with Saudi .

The Qatar constitution is governed by Sharia law. Let's hope that no female is attacked during the World Cup in Qatar because a female testimony is only worth half of a males and in most cases not heard at all. If you happen to be gay then you had better beware. A few years ago they wanted to stone to death a gay prince of their own royal family.

Is indeed governed by Sharia law but in terms of female employment, work place progression, voting and women being involved in key institutions, Qatar has a good record. Am not sure how the gay prince is linked to that. As said, there were a number of countries that could have been boycotted when Scotland played them but many are just jumping in the Qatar hobbyhorse. More than entitled to your opinion and if you do go to games but are not going to this one then fair play. I just believe though you are being a tad inconsistent.

I am going to easter road to support my country.

Whether we should be playing them or not is a different matter all together,

Can you imagine the SFA asking our opinion on our friendly opposition, it would be anarchy.

Lets sell out easter road and give the boys a good send off for dublin.

In terms of gender equality, I think you are getting Qatar mixed up with Saudi Arabia. I didn't notice any boycott advocated for the US friendlies and the US have been responsible for more deaths in the Middle East than the Qataris. In fact, we should be boycotting every Scotland game if looking at the number of deaths caused by the UK in the last 15 years in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Am not sure what a true football supporter definition is but I will happily be attending the Qatar game.

The US and UK FAs haven't killed anyone in the middle east, think you're getting politics mixed up with football. This 'friendly' is an absolute PR nightmare, and no surprise it's being played at Easter Road, given Rod Petrie was part of the delegation over there. After all the nonsense with Rangers, are we now to bankroll Hibs in the lower tier. Honestly tae flock. By the way, I'm not going, so not bankrolling anyone.

The US and UK FAs haven't killed anyone in the middle east, think you're getting politics mixed up with football. This 'friendly' is an absolute PR nightmare, and no surprise it's being played at Easter Road, given Rod Petrie was part of the delegation over there. After all the nonsense with Rangers, are we now to bankroll Hibs in the lower tier. Honestly tae flock. By the way, I'm not going, so not bankrolling anyone.

^^^^

???? Bitter that Dundee don't get internationals type post

I'm going to support my national football team, the SFA should have known better than take this friendly but at the end of the day it is two football teams playing football against eachother, I doubt any of the players or fans that will be there on Friday will have had any hand in the deaths of workers nor did any have a hand in the killing of hundreds of thousands of people in the region by UK/US forces.

I'm going to support my national football team, the SFA should have known better than take this friendly but at the end of the day it is two football teams playing football against eachother, I doubt any of the players or fans that will be there on Friday will have had any hand in the deaths of workers nor did any have a hand in the killing of hundreds of thousands of people in the region by UK/US forces.

Totally agree :ok:

Looking forward to a home game not in Glasgow for a change before heading over to Dublin.

Forget the corruption scandal, this game should never have been arranged on the basis that it can harm our World Cup Seeding position even if we hump them!

I will be going to support Scotland but so much with this game is wrong.

I thought somebody would have suggested a show of disgust at the number of workers dying.

Trying to get 1000 folk to wear red tops to represent the poor folk dying.

I well remember the joy of the home game against Ireland, what a brilliant night. I remember Heysel from the tv but had forgotten until the media reminded me what the score was that night. Football is not worth lives. I love watching Scotland but I won't be attending or watching on tv. I hope you guys do arrange some kind of protest but the Blazers should hang their heads.