Transfer Rumours - Page 70 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, Southampton have a keeper. Gordon isn't going to the EPL again. Would you risk money on him?

He's 32, has a poor history for injuries and is playing in a diddy league with no CL games to shine in.

Not my personal opinion but it's how he's perceived down south.

so why ask "would you risk the money" if it wasn't your personal opinion? Odd. And a goalkeeper will still show his worth regardless of the standard of league.

so why ask "would you risk the money" if it wasn't your personal opinion? Odd. And a goalkeeper will still show his worth regardless of the standard of league.

Totally disagree. A keeper playing in the best team in the league will rarely get tested and is unlikely to turn in Man of the Match performances week after week. If he was starring against CL teams then it makes a difference. Hence why Forster got his move.

Not sure why the question on risk was odd. In my opinion the EPL clubs won't risk their money on him again. Too many younger, cheaper keepers about.

You don't agree and that's fair enough.

The only way to measure is if someone bids for him.

Totally disagree. A keeper playing in the best team in the league will rarely get tested and is unlikely to turn in Man of the Match performances week after week. If he was starring against CL teams then it makes a difference. Hence why Forster got his move.

Not sure why the question on risk was odd. In my opinion the EPL clubs won't risk their money on him again. Too many younger, cheaper keepers about.

You don't agree and that's fair enough.

The only way to measure is if someone bids for him.

I agree that Gordon is unlikely to go to England again (unless it's a Championship side or a back-up in the EPL). However he was Celtic's best player in just about every Europa League game they had last season, which would be viewed in a better light than his domestic performances by potential suitors

I agree that Gordon is unlikely to go to England again (unless it's a Championship side or a back-up in the EPL). However he was Celtic's best player in just about every Europa League game they had last season, which would be viewed in a better light than his domestic performances by potential suitors

Look at how the EPL teams line up in the Europa League games. They don't take it seriously so I doubt starring in those games gets noticed either.

Look at how the EPL teams line up in the Europa League games. They don't take it seriously so I doubt starring in those games gets noticed either.

Spanish clubs have won 23 European trophies since turn of the century. England and Germany 12 between them.

Embarrassing that so much money and yet clubs can't put a squad of together to compete in the EPL and Europa league. Thinking Spurs and Everton for example.

Spanish clubs have won 23 European trophies since turn of the century. England and Germany 12 between them.

Embarrassing that so much money and yet clubs can't put a squad of together to compete in the EPL and Europa league. Thinking Spurs and Everton for example.

And Liverpool.

wouldn't like to lose him giblet however everything has its price. think hibs would be a great club for him.

concerned that Stubbs seems to be panicking a bit on the forwards front. We seem to be buying a lot of the same type of player, concerningly he appears to be following my Football manager strategies of the past. :-))

If you keep him for the rest of the season, that is not a bad deal.

They stated a while ago that if he went then it would be for sale and not a loan. Can Rangers afford him? I would be very surprised if they could.

What are you basing that on out of interest? I havent seen any suggested fees anywhere.

Imagine he will be on a good wedge down there mind you. That said that's irrelevant as it will be down to the player what he is willing to accept from a prospective new club.

What are you basing that on out of interest? I havent seen any suggested fees anywhere.

Imagine he will be on a good wedge down there mind you. That said that's irrelevant as it will be down to the player what he is willing to accept from a prospective new club.

Saints tried to get him back on loan. There is a video somewhere of Tommy Wright actually stating that Sheffield Wednesday told him right out that the only way he'd be moving is a sale and not a loan.