Transfer Rumours - Page 63 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As said before, this is a horrible site frequented by zealots and even the Follow Follow posters distance themselves from it. Quoting it on here doesn't add much to the discussion other than, "let's laugh at the loonies".

As others Rangers fans have already said (and I have intimated previously), whilst it would have been a decent signing for us, I won't lose sleep over it. Allan obviously likes earning a few quid via increased wages and signing-on fees so fair play to him for that but in terms of a career move, it is curious.

It's interesting (well, I think so anyway) that the accumulated fee for Allan (some c. £400k) is a similar sum to what we apparently paid for Waghorn and Tavernier; both of whom look like very good signings already and I would rather have those two than one Scott Allan.

Bad English has taken over the Internet!

Bad money?

money-root-of-all-evil.jpg

I think it's more "how bad....money". Not actually "bad money"

I could be wrong, but my attempted translation is:

“If the circumstance should befall whereby Scott Allan does in fact realise beneficial employment with Celtic, it may serve to underline, if not bolster, the supposition that affluence is negatively influencing football and that those parties with sufficient pecuniary wherewithal are essentially governing the game”

To be fair to Alan - he probably tried posting the above and realised it was too long for Twitter - hence is the abbreviated version he posted.

As said before, this is a horrible site frequented by zealots and even the Follow Follow posters distance themselves from it. Quoting it on here doesn't add much to the discussion other than, "let's laugh at the loonies".

As others Rangers fans have already said (and I have intimated previously), whilst it would have been a decent signing for us, I won't lose sleep over it. Allan obviously likes earning a few quid via increased wages and signing-on fees so fair play to him for that but in terms of a career move, it is curious.

It's interesting (well, I think so anyway) that the accumulated fee for Allan (some c. £400k) is a similar sum to what we apparently paid for Waghorn and Tavernier; both of whom look like very good signings already and I would rather have those two than one Scott Allan.

This.

I think Allen signing for Celtic proves once and for all that his driver is money and he's not intending to graft for it. He won't get a game at Celtic unless they draw us in one of the cups or they have an injury crisis.

Good luck to him but I don't think he'll be a star for Celtic and I see a couple of years of very little game time in his future (call me Mystic Renfrew?).

Maybe now we can get on with signing another decent player like Tavernier.

I think it's more "how bad....money". Not actually "bad money"

I could be wrong, but my attempted translation is:

If the circumstance should befall whereby Scott Allan does in fact realise beneficial employment with Celtic, it may serve to underline, if not bolster, the supposition that affluence is negatively influencing football and that those parties with sufficient pecuniary wherewithal are essentially governing the game

To be fair to Alan - he probably tried posting the above and realised it was too long for Twitter - hence is the abbreviated version he posted.

Outstanding sir! ?

If he is half the player many think, Celtic get, at worst, a decent squad player for what is, for them, not a lot of money. And Hibs and Stubbs look to have come out of it OK having apparently been boxed into the corner by Rangers and the player. It does feel as well though that Celtic just couldn't resist it.

Agree with the Wolf

I've been quite consistent in my opinion on this. The attention it has been given is ridiculous, as is the valuation of him, from a big number of Rangers and Hibs fans. Allan is a very good prospect who would had added to our squad, so in that respect it's a slap in the face if he goes to them rather than sign a pre-contract with us in January. I think anyone claiming otherwise is kidding themselves but come on it's not the end of the World. In recent times, I seem to remember us being in for Paul Hartley, he chose Celtic. And Vice Versa Novo was offered a deal at Celtic and chose us, it happens, that's fitba'.

That said us winning the league this season won't hinge on signing him. He is a boy, who very much, still has it all to prove (just like the vast majority of our squad) and yet there are some going on like he the best player in the country. Let's not forget Hibs have catagorically stated that they won't sell to us anyway so I don't think anyone can be too hard on the lad if this deal goes through. 12 months is a long time in football, he has been given a chance, to potentially play in the Champions League and most likely triple his wages (at least) lets just deal with it and move on FFS.

Agree with the Wolf

I've been quite consistent in my opinion on this. The attention it has been given is ridiculous, as is the valuation of him, from a big number of Rangers and Hibs fans. Allan is a very good prospect who would had added to our squad, so in that respect it's a slap in the face if he goes to them rather than sign a pre-contract with us in January. I think anyone claiming otherwise is kidding themselves but come on it's not the end of the World. In recent times, I seem to remember us being in for Paul Hartley, he chose Celtic. And Vice Versa Novo was offered a deal at Celtic and chose us, it happens, that's fitba'.

That said us winning the league this season won't hinge on signing him. He is a boy, who very much, still has it all to prove (just like the vast majority of our squad) and yet there are some going on like he the best player in the country. Let's not forget Hibs have catagorically stated that they won't sell to us anyway so I don't think anyone can be too hard on the lad if this deal goes through. 12 months is a long time in football, he has been given a chance, to potentially play in the Champions League and most likely triple his wages (at least) lets just deal with it and move on FFS.

I reckon this is the most realistic post in the thread. How many times in the past have players from other Scottish clubs gone to either Rangers or Celtic, sparking the usual debate about whether they'd be better going somewhere they're guaranteed a game, or whether they should have the confidence in their own ability to go to a bigger club and do well. Nothing different here.