Transfer Rumours - Page 17 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I think the boyd at Killei is entirely different to the boyd at Rangers. Especially the 2nd time at Killie where he scored 22 league goals in 37 games.

He was one of our most hardworking players, lost count how many clearances he made in our box from corners etc. Plus he coached the young lads in his spare time, I know from speaking to Robbie Muirheads parents that Boyd was a great help in developing his game and young Greg Kiltie's.

Don't know what happened at Rangers but I'm confident we'll get the same Boyd back. He also looks fitter today than he looked last game of the season!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure, like every contract we hand it that it'll be dependant on appearances for the other years to kick in.

Ie Lee Miller signed a 2 year deal but never made enough appearances so we never took up the 2nd year.

Probably a wise move given Boyd's (lack of) fitness and motivation this season.

I think the boyd at Killei is entirely different to the boyd at Rangers. Especially the 2nd time at Killie where he scored 22 league goals in 37 games.

He was one of our most hardworking players, lost count how many clearances he made in our box from corners etc. Plus he coached the young lads in his spare time, I know from speaking to Robbie Muirheads parents that Boyd was a great help in developing his game and young Greg Kiltie's.

Don't know what happened at Rangers but I'm confident we'll get the same Boyd back. He also looks fitter today than he looked last game of the season!

I was really encouraged by his start at Rangers this time round. He seemed to working really hard and although the goals weren't coming is frequently as they had previously you could see he was offering a lot more to the team. The problem seemed to be though that the longer the relative drought when on in front of goal his effort levels seemed to drop (and waist size expand) in direct correlation. I think if he's been a bit luckier in front of goal those first few weeks the we'd have seen a different player due to the confidence boost from scoring regularly.

If his good season at killie was to win a deal at Rangers, where he didn't appear to try a leg, then a 3 year contract is a bit of a gamble!

Having said that, proving folk wrong appears to motivate Boyd, so perhaps he has a point to prove after his disappointing spell at Rangers and we'll see the Boyd of 2013/14 rather than 14/15.

If his good season at killie was to win a deal at Rangers, where he didn't appear to try a leg, then a 3 year contract is a bit of a gamble!

Having said that, proving folk wrong appears to motivate Boyd, so perhaps he has a point to prove after his disappointing spell at Rangers and we'll see the Boyd of 2013/14 rather than 14/15.

I might check and see what price I can get for him to score 15+ for the season.

Seemingly we've signed Stuart Findlay on loan from Celtic.

Superb player. Was on loan with us at Dumbarton after Christmas and was a standout in a defence that was under constant pressure. Really assured on the ball and lightening quick. Def one in the 'could go all the way' category.

Boyd going back to Killie looks a good move.

He seemed a lot more mature that season he had with Killie. He was on Radio Scotland a few times & sounded like a different person - the responsibility of being an older head appeared to give him a new lease of life.

I didn't see many Rangers games last season, but him & Clark actually looked decent in a couple of games. Don't know if they got injured or what, but they didn't seem to feature together much as the season wore on.

He never had any pace to lose & he'll still know where the goal is, so I'll be amazed if he doesn't get 15-20 for Killie this season.

I agree with the majority of comments regarding Boyd. I'm pretty sure if he has a disciplined coach he'll do fine at Killie.

The lack of coaching at Rangers in the last 3 years has been blatantly obvious for some time. Hence the reason anyone hiring Mccoist in the future will be making a big mistake.

I agree with the majority of comments regarding Boyd. I'm pretty sure if he has a disciplined coach he'll do fine at Killie.

The lack of coaching at Rangers in the last 3 years has been blatantly obvious for some time. Hence the reason anyone hiring Mccoist in the future will be making a big mistake.

Unless it's Jim McColl.

Edited by Fairbairn

Looks like Motherwell are taking some 18yr old lad from Sheffield Wednesday "Seanna Foster" Seanna? :blink:

Also Marvin Johnson signs a contract extension until 2018 :ok:

Seanna is surely a girls name?

Tieing up Johnson seems a great piece of business, looked a great signing and a standout every time I saw him last season.

Tieing up Johnson seems a great piece of business, looked a great signing and a standout every time I saw him last season.

Who knows?

Mentioned it on the well forum but im taking some credit for Johnson signing an extension. Bumped into him in Majorca last weekend and in my drunken state told him not to leave Motherwell :lol::blush:

Who knows?

Mentioned it on the well forum but im taking some credit for Johnson signing an extension. Bumped into him in Majorca last weekend and in my drunken state told him not to leave Motherwell :lol::blush:

I misinterpreted that.

I thought you were saying you'd told Carswell to stay, and that's why he'd signed for St Mirren.

:lol:

I drunkenly told Andy Goram the other week he was a favourite of mine when he was at motherwell, but then started listing players I liked better much to his annoyance.

:lol:

Edited by sbcmfc

What nationality is he? Could it just be a non-English name?

Conference?

Aye.

To be fair we got Marvin Johnson from the conference so there must be some talent down there.

If it works great - if it doesnt then the manager gets hounded.

Although if we were to sign that boy I guess it would mean definitely no Scott McDonald