Mhairi Black - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think we will get independence before the next election? If she continues to shine like she has done so far they might give her a safe seat next time.

I can't see a Tory majority government granting another referendum so I don't think we'll get independence before the next Westminster election but I'd suggest that the Holyrood elections for next year are more important than another referendum and the SNP will need to fight to keep their share of the vote at last week's levels (muzzling Eck might help in this regard).

How exactly has she shone?

Or Douglas Alexander lost due a huge countrywide upsurge of anti-Labour sentiment so Mhari didn't really have to do anything significant.

Maybe thats true, but she was out canvassing every night in the constituency during the campaign. She was on my estate 4 times that I know of. I suppose "significant" is open to interpretation. Never seen Doogie though...

Or Douglas Alexander lost due a huge countrywide upsurge of anti-Labour sentiment so Mhari didn't really have to do anything significant.

As an SNP member who celebrated wee Dougie getting binned like a Scotland World Cup winning goal, thats my take on it as well.

I hope she turns out to be a brilliant MP, and from the few clips Ive seen of her, she has a bit of talent, but who knows.

Seriously? Jings, that's even more draconian than the SNP!

I know of an exceptionally handsome member who was expelled from the party for publicly criticising their blind support of Syriza... Clear who got the last laugh there :wink2:

Edited by Scunnered

I know of an exceptionally handsome member who was expelled from the party for publicly criticising their blind support of Syriza... Clear who got the last laugh there :wink2:

See you, you're just a bloody troublemaker! :lol:

As an SNP member who celebrated wee Dougie getting binned like a Scotland World Cup winning goal, thats my take on it as well.

I hope she turns out to be a brilliant MP, and from the few clips Ive seen of her, she has a bit of talent, but who knows.

she's incredibly confident and capabe for her age

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/may/10/mhairi-black-general-election-snp-interview-people-angry-at-labour

good interview here and she articulates why the vote went the way it did

although most in press still not getting it

although most in press still not getting it

Alex Thomson gave the best summary of the election in Scotland that I've seen:

"They wanted a “left” alternative, the SNP use the word “progressive”. It is that simple."