Mhairi Black - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Well that is a little gem! :rolleyes:

Utterly pathetic. You clearly know f@ck all about Mhairi or the huge amount of work it took. I saw her speak at the SNP Conference in Perth and I knew then she was something. And to suggest this result wasn't down to loads of hard work and arguments that resonated with the people is to do exactly what the Labour Party have done which is exactly why the only have 1 MP left. You clearly have no idea whatsoever what has happened in Scotland.

Exactly. Hard work and passion.

I saw her speaking from the platform twice during referendum campaign. She has been chapping doors and arguing the Independence case for at least the last two to three years so many, many folk in Paisley will know her. Good on her and I'm sure she won't dress up to any great extent or adopt any airs or graces. The Westminster elite are in for a shock 'cause she can argue her case.

Edited by tomtscotland

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly. Hard work and passion.

I saw her speaking from the platform twice during referendum campaign. She has been chapping doors and arguing the Independence case for at least the last two to three years so many, many folk in Paisley will know her. Good on her and I'm sure she won't dress up to any great extent or adopt any airs or graces. The Westminster elite are in for a shock 'cause she can argue her case.

:ok:

What an old-fashioned sexist thing to say. What does it matter what she looks like?

Yeah - she has just whooped Dougie Alexander's @rse and that was they best he could come up with! Sad stuff! :worried:

What an old-fashioned sexist thing to say. What does it matter what she looks like?

Dunno if it's sexist my Mum said it as well, she was biling the SNP won so many seats though, so maybe that's the common cause.

I only heard her once at a youth meeting down south somewhere sndit just wow moment. She was superb and had the English audience cheering her on. A very big star in the making, and let's just contrast with the state of the labour and libdems in holyrood.

Dunno if it's sexist my Mum said it as well, she was biling the SNP won so many seats though, so maybe that's the common cause.

Women are the worts for the kinda cr@p!

I only heard her once at a youth meeting down south somewhere sndit just wow moment. She was superb and had the English audience cheering her on. A very big star in the making, and let's just contrast with the state of the labour and libdems in holyrood.

The difference with Mhairi is she believes what she is saying and isn't just repeating a bunch of soundbites!

I saw that i think. It was on BBC 3?

As the UK's youngest MPs she's going to get invited onto all of these 'yoof' shows. And she'll have them all eating out the palm of her hand!

Some pretty strange comments on here which sum up exactly what has been wrong with Scottish politics for years. This lassie is a normal, young, passionate and articulate MP. Surely that is exactly the kind of person you want to represent you? (regardless of party)

I have listened to quite a few of her speeches, appearances over the last few months and her enthusiasm and effortless natural ability shine through every time.

No doubt the political dinosaur MP's and their media buddies will be turning the spotlight on her, looking for frailties and patronising her in every way possible. Hopefully Salmond, Robertson, Wishart etc take them under their wings until she gets used to all the bullshit that swills around down there.

Delighted to have her as an SNP MP and know she will be one for the top table in years to come.

Wasn't entitled to a vote in this general election, but I'm so proud of the wee lassie and the good people from my home town for voting her in.

Only one problem tho, Plastic Whistle supporter and not the Murn :-)

Delighted for Mhairi Black.

She's an ordinary, straight talking, young working class woman going down there to give them bloody what for ! We need more like her.

And she could certainly look after herself if things kicked off in the Commons bar too !

how come the fat hertz chunt got re-elected?

Absolutely. Contrary to Eddard's opinion, Ian Murray's SNP opponent was the poorest of the candidates I heard interviewed prior to the election.

Most of the new SNP MP's seem to be of a decent calibre and certainly should be able to fill the shoes of many of the previous Labour placemen they have replaced...

My stupid mate who now lives in Ontario was on moaning saying how stupid it looks for a 20 year old to win. I told him you only need to watch her speaking to see that she is way more mature than most 20 year olds, she is passionate and knows what she is doing. Sure she will maybe need some guidance from older heads at times but its so refreshing to see. We have a positive future.

Can't believe people think she is smart. She probably couldn't even spell economics.

So if someone doesn't use big fancy words or has a posh voice they are not smart ffs try listening to her debating

Edited by hunchy