Twitter - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Mysadcat is super. I can recommend his books as well if anyone's after an easy holiday read.

Was just discussing with the wife there, the bear has become a part of our daily lives, it's going to be so sad when he passes... Not Terry Pratchett levels of sad, but cat sad.

@ussrsoccerguy

You've no idea how badly I wanted this to be a thing! :lol:... Well, it is a thing. But an inactive thing.

• 2 years later...

Twitter is fucked up been on it for 6 hours got 3 followers.

Michael rapaport the actor.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2469621/      Tim Davis, a 20 year veteran in the music business, has a vast array of producing and singing credits including Lady Gaga's Super Bowl 2017 halftime show, Pentatonix Christmas, Barbra Streisand's 2017 concert tour, Jane Lynch's "Swingin' Little Christmas", The People's Choice Awards, Josh Groban's "Stages", Childish Gambino's latest

and some lassie who messaged me wanting to have sex.

WTF????

9 minutes ago, phart said:

Twitter is fucked up been on it for 6 hours got 3 followers.

Michael rapaport the actor.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2469621/      Tim Davis, a 20 year veteran in the music business, has a vast array of producing and singing credits including Lady Gaga's Super Bowl 2017 halftime show, Pentatonix Christmas, Barbra Streisand's 2017 concert tour, Jane Lynch's "Swingin' Little Christmas", The People's Choice Awards, Josh Groban's "Stages", Childish Gambino's latest

and some lassie who messaged me wanting to have sex.

WTF????

I see Twitter as very Orwellian. He wrote (in 1984, but also in various essays & such like) that people would be prevented from thinking by reducing the language available to them, whilst at the same time flooding them with false information that they would not then be effectively able to rationalise.

I only ever used it once; to get a message to Argos to say where the f--k is the washing machine you're supposed to be delivering. I never got a reply (or the washing machine) but get about a dozen e-mails a day from them asking if I want to comment on Kim Kardashian's backside or (yesterday) asking me if I want to wish Justin Bieber happy birthday.

And nobody has followed me asking me if I want sex either.

3 hours ago, Huddersfield said:

I see Twitter as very Orwellian. He wrote (in 1984, but also in various essays & such like) that people would be prevented from thinking by reducing the language available to them, whilst at the same time flooding them with false information that they would not then be effectively able to rationalise.

I only ever used it once; to get a message to Argos to say where the f--k is the washing machine you're supposed to be delivering. I never got a reply (or the washing machine) but get about a dozen e-mails a day from them asking if I want to comment on Kim Kardashian's backside or (yesterday) asking me if I want to wish Justin Bieber happy birthday.

What's your username.....? :ph34r:

Couldn't get on with it at all. Deleted my account after a couple of months and all junk mail magically stopped. These days I keep up to date with Twitter's Orwellian mind-sump by reading the links that Ally Bear assiduously provides us with ... :)

3 hours ago, DonnyTJS said:

Couldn't get on with it at all. Deleted my account after a couple of months and all junk mail magically stopped. These days I keep up to date with Twitter's Orwellian mind-sump by reading the links that Ally Bear assiduously provides us with ... :)

90% of the links he shares are stuff I've seen on my twitter feed about 12 hours earlier.

Some guy is raging at me and sent me this tweet

" You want to be John Cleese from a fish called Wanda so bad it hurts...You’ll never be a Brit though, you’ll always be a loser from a shithole country that talks shit to Americans cuz he wants to be like them or the British. Go do some crank and watch trainspotting u daft cunt "

I've never seen a fish called wanda so not sure what it means. The rest is hardly insulting, my grans called me worse.

Edited by phart

8 hours ago, Huddersfield said:

Under the new board regime if you get 50 likes on here a mod comes to your house and offers you a reach around if that's any consolation. 

10 minutes ago, phart said:

Some guy is raging at me and sent me this tweet

" You want to be John Cleese from a fish called Wanda so bad it hurts...You’ll never be a Brit though, you’ll always be a loser from a shithole country that talks shit to Americans cuz he wants to be like them or the British. Go do some crank and watch trainspotting u daft cunt "

I've never seen a fish called wanda so not sure what it means. The rest is hardly insulting, my grans called me worse.

I'd be more offended by their grammar!  I hate when folks use shit like cuz and u.  Doesn't really reinforce their point!

Everybody quite fucking finished ?

If i didnt share real or made up shit from Twatter this board would be less interesting and probably have died months ago - especially if we were waiting on the Tamb bores to keep us interested

3 minutes ago, Mindimoo said:

I'd be more offended by their grammar!  I hate when folks use shit like cuz and u.  Doesn't really reinforce their point!

I just linked him historical arguments that scottish economists and political thinkers mainly Hume and Smith were partly responsible for the decleration of independence.

I got this reply

" Says the guy in his parents basement from a terriibw country. Your smarmy British type insults would get our face broke in the States, your country is about as diverse as a snowstorm and it’s obvious you’ve never been tested"

47 minutes ago, phart said:

Probably not that you desperately want into Jamie Lee's pants, and not that you wish you were an arrogant English c***, but probably that you want to be the most British-English character he can think of.

7 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I had been wondering who Ally Bongo used to be in a previous existence. Cheers Donny.:ok:

Surprised considering Parkshite and Donny seem to go out their way to mention it

Wonder why eh ?

16 minutes ago, phart said:

It was funny you changed your name cause of being embarrassed/ not wanting to associate anymore by the club but wasn't embarrassed by their signing policy to begin with.

Only if you went on the assumption that Bear related to Rangers - which it didnt and i have explained ad nauseam

If you dont believe me ask Aaid

I await your apology for that slur

Edited by Ally Bongo

4 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Only if you went on the assumption that Bear related to Rangers - which it didnt and i have explained ad nauseum

If you dont believe me ask Aaid

I await your apology for that slur

But i remember at the time you saying Rangers were so bad you didn't want ot be associated with them, are you saying even though bear had nothing to do with rangers but the thought of it being mistakenly identified as rangers would be enough?

Edited by phart

23 minutes ago, phart said:

But i remember at the time you saying Rangers were so bad you didn't want ot be associated with them, are you saying even though bear had nothing to do with rangers but the thought of it being mistakenly identified as rangers would be enough?

I changed my username on my terms for my reasons - nobody elses

I spent 11 years explaining it didnt relate to Rangers when i initially registered

11 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

I changed my username on my terms for my reasons - nobody elses

I spent 11 years explaining it didnt relate to Rangers when i initially registered

I'm pretty sure i remember the posts at the time. and it was either of the two points i said above. Of course my memory could be faulty i'm almost certain you gave a reason at the time.