Jim Murphy (Again!) - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Jim Murphy (Again!)

Sorry for starting a new thread - I did look for the old Jim Murphy one but couldn't find it.

The latest from Oor Jim, according to the Herald, is that if Labour 'win' in May, then that gives Scottish Labour the authority to implement their manifesto, including on issues devolved to the Scottish Parliament - and that it would then be up to the SNP to 'dare' to vote it down.....

WTF?!? Does he just want to do away with the Scottish Parliament altogether?!

edit: here's direct quotes from the article:

"If we win in May that gives us a source of funding.

It gives us access to £800million of additional resource from our mansion tax, bankers bonus tax and tobacco tax.

We will then submit a series of motions to the Scottish Parliament, asking the Scottish Parliament to implement Labour's devolved manifesto.

The idea that you have to wait until 2016 to implement the manifesto is not true.

We can start to implement Labour's manifesto in advance of the 2016 election and dare the other parties to vote it down"

Edited by Maq

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for starting a new thread - I did look for the old Jim Murphy one but couldn't find it.

The latest from Oor Jim, according to the Herald, is that if Labour 'win' in May, then that gives Scottish Labour the authority to implement their manifesto, including on issues devolved to the Scottish Parliament - and that it would then be up to the SNP to 'dare' to vote it down.....

WTF?!? Does he just want to do away with the Scottish Parliament altogether?!

Do you have a link? I'd very much like to share that one around.

Guest flumax

It'll just be standard opposition led motions. No problem with that other than he's trying to run a minority government from the opposition. It'll tie up parliament for a year, and waste a loaf of time . AFAIK they'll procedure will only allow so much from the opposition so he better think wisely.

Anyway, how can he propose anything from the public gallery. Undermines the authority of parliament of an unelected bloke forces Holyrood hand

Undermines the authority of parliament of an unelected bloke forces Holyrood hand

True, but the Daily Mail say that Nicola is going to be running the whole of Westminster!

Its just electioneering but it has the smell of desperation.

I see both Angela Eagle and Andy Burnham have cut the legs from Murphy as well by saying that a minority labour government would consult with other parties before the queens speech.

Jim's stories are a series of wheezes... I think this is why I couldn't be a politician, it takes a huge amount of disrespect to think you can just make up any old sh!te and people will believe it....

He seems to be painting himself into a series of corners. What is his argument against FFA ? his basic argument is that there is a lot of debt - he hasn't built any principled argument against it. Eventually the debt will subside and oil prices will go up (probably higher than before) - and then what ?

If your only argument against something is that the economic conditions are wrong and then they change you've made your opponents argument for them. He is exactly the kind of guy we need...

@aaid.

Do you have a link for that?

Andy Burnham. https://www.politicshome.com/party-politics/articles/story/burnham-confirms-labour-would-speak-snp-after-election

On a related note. On Sunday Politics yesterday Kezia Dugdale said Labour would be campaigning over the next three and a half weeks. Today on the Daily Politics, she said the next few weeks. I genuinely think she doesn't realise there's only two and a half weeks left.

Andy Burnham. https://www.politicshome.com/party-politics/articles/story/burnham-confirms-labour-would-speak-snp-after-election

On a related note. On Sunday Politics yesterday Kezia Dugdale said Labour would be campaigning over the next three and a half weeks. Today on the Daily Politics, she said the next few weeks. I genuinely think she doesn't realise there's only two and a half weeks left.

Even by her standards, she was atrocious on Sunday Politics. Even Brewer was pissed off with her by the end.

Oh, and apparently the SNP will have another independence referendum in their manifesto. Or something. :blink:

Even by her standards, she was atrocious on Sunday Politics. Even Brewer was pissed off with her by the end.

Oh, and apparently the SNP will have another independence referendum in their manifesto. Or something. :blink:

George Foulkes and a few Labour activists were creaming over her performance on Twitter Sunday, one choosing to say she looks like "an accomplished politician". I chose to send her and Murphy a tweet accusing them of being saboteurs as nothing else could explain their unending shiteness!

Her motor mooth will be going so fast that it will take at least a week for it to slow down to a standstill after election day

Folkes is senile.

senile ??? that would indicate he went bonkers in his old age - he's always been bonkers. Read this if you haven't already seen it ...

from 1981 I give you the.....................

Control of Space Invaders and Other Electronic Games Bill

http://hansard.millbanksystems.com/commons/1981/may/20/control-of-space-invaders-and-other

wonder if he's seen GTA V ?