Scottish Cup Semi Finals - Page 9 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Semi Finals

Delighted for Caley, their team and their fans - always nice to see other teams tasting a bit of success. Thought though - why the extra officials? The penalty that wasn't given - the third official was no more than ten feet away - close enough to smell Broon's kebab and Buckfast breath. It was a clear handball and should have been a Celtic penalty. However, Caley should also have had a penalty later on as the sub goalie came for the ball - missed it and took the Caley player out. End of the day a good result for Scottish football.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Delighted for Caley, their team and their fans - always nice to see other teams tasting a bit of success. Thought though - why the extra officials? The penalty that wasn't given - the third official was no more than ten feet away - close enough to smell Broon's kebab and Buckfast breath. It was a clear handball and should have been a Celtic penalty. However, Caley should also have had a penalty later on as the sub goalie came for the ball - missed it and took the Caley player out. End of the day a good result for Scottish football.

More Scottish players in Celtic first team than ICT. What a great day.

Not quite as good as RFC dying right enough.

Heard Broony was having a go at the officials at the end.

Hopefully he told the incompetent Hun cockwombles the truth.

Some where today an irony meter exploded. If there's one player who should never ever complain about refs in scotland, it's scott Thug broon.

Great result for Caley. Christie and Shinnie were outstanding. The controversial incident aside Caley deserved it. Too many Celtic players seem incapable of rising beyond mediocrity and I include our captain in that. The Ref also missed a stick on penalty for Caley late in the 2nd half and it just about sums up the season they have had. Hopefully Celtic and their fans will show a bit of class and dignity in defeat. Finally, what's the excuse with the pitch this time....seemed slippy and cut up in bits.

More Scottish players in Celtic first team than ICT. What a great day.

Not quite as good as RFC dying right enough.

I mean Scottish football in general as in the same team winning everything in sight CANNOT BE and is not good for the game. My comment was no reference to Scottish players but in any case for Scotland it means one less game in the legs for Broon, Forrest, Gordon, Griffiths etc going to Dublin.

As for RFC if you are presuming I am a Rangers fan you are wrong.

Utter garbage. The decision today was the 5th officials to make. The game was obviously too big for him. It was so blatant.

Like i said, the officials were normal today. I appreciate you may want to lash out a bit, but suck it up, the rest of have to.

:-)):-)):-)):-))

Never hear Celtic fans saying the game is too big for officials when they dodgy calls go in their favour. And they've had a few in the league this season.

Come on, that's complete crap and you know it.

A few = 2 or 3 we all know it's been at least a dozen if not a score. ;)

:-)):-)):-)):-))

Never hear Celtic fans saying the game is too big for officials when they dodgy calls go in their favour. And they've had a few in the league this season.

Didn't even hear it in the cup final when we should have had a penalty. Correct call was made apparently.

Didn't even hear it in the cup final when we should have had a penalty. Correct call was made apparently.

was that the scott brown incident in the penalty box vs dundee utd. I haveb never seen a stone waller penalty as blatant as that not given.

Karma seems to have been restored after today. :ok: