You're First Scotland Match. What Age We You And What Was The Score - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

You're First Scotland Match. What Age We You And What Was The Score

Robroysboy

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was 10 back in 76 Scotland 2- England 1 attendance giving that day was 85165 my late father took me to that game still think about to this day

My late dad took me aswell, remember people doing the toilet down the stairs at half-time in the 1985 rous cup game.

Also remember the monkey noises when john barnes came on as a sub, it was before political correctness.

Not making monkey noises at black players is nowt to do with political correctness.

Not condoning it and to be honest looking back it was quite shocking. Good to see we have evolved where as Spain and Russia to quote two examples still have serious racial issues when it comes to black players.

Scotland 1 argentina 0 , 1990 Stewart McKimmie goal, beating the world champions just before a world cup shouldve been a good omen until the nightmare of costa Rica

Were scotland crowned unofficial world champs after this match?, for the second time after 1967 wembley win! :ok:

was maradona playing?

Scotland 1-1 Poland, 1990 (Italia90 warm up). Johnston and Gillespie og. I was 14.

Quite ironic looking back as I married a Pole last week and our son's first ever match will be Scotland v Poland in October ?

Edited by McTeeko

I'm not 100% sure now, but reckon '69 and/or 71 games vs Northern Ireland. My dad would have been hoping to see Denis Law and George Best, so picked those of the home internationals. I'm thinking the earlier one 'cause Colin Stein scored ...or maybe I'm just befuddled in my decrepitude. Scores were 1-1 & 0-1 so wasn't captivated :(

He never took me to a full international vs England before even the need for "political correctness", but just away from general not-niceness :mellow: . When I was able and old enough, I did go to one myself, but was not best pleased by said atmosphere and did not go to another one until Celtic Park last. For different reasons I didn't enjoy that one either :-))

Instead, I'm pretty sure I went to two of these at some time in the 70's with him, but confess I don't remember much...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_Football_League_XI