You're First Scotland Match. What Age We You And What Was The Score - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

You're First Scotland Match. What Age We You And What Was The Score

Robroysboy

Scotland 1 Finland 1 at Easter Road, pre World Cup 98 warm up, was 14

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/international_fixture_details.cfm?page=1921&matchID=57893

My first game as well. I was 15. Tickets for kids were £3.

It wasn't till Latvia game at the end of the WCQ'02 that I got hooked. Dread to think how much I've spent over the years. If I can make it to Georgia, that'll be my 100th game.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1982- Scotland v East Germany (try explaining that one to young folk nowadays!!) We won 2-0.

I was 11 and my old boy took me along to Hampden, I can remember being so nervous going into the ground and being lifted up when we scored.

Did You see me?

I waved but you were with your pals and ignored me ......

This was the start of the Accies/ Thistle hatefest ...

Scotland 2 Portugal 1 -13 October 1971 -Euro Championship qualifier at Hampden that was also Tommy Docherty's first game in charge. I was 12 years old and my Uncle David took me to the game.

On 23 October I was back at Hampden - with my Aunt Joyce -to see PTFC beat Celtic 4-1 in the League Cup Final. Ten days that shaped my life.

My old man wasn't into football - he was a country and western music fan and in 1972 my Mum wouldn't let me go to the Scotland-Northern Ireland game as she was worried that the IRA might target Hampden!

Nae wonder I've got issues.

Scotland 2 Portugal 1 -13 October 1971 -Euro Championship qualifier at Hampden that was also Tommy Docherty's first game in charge. I was 12 years old and my Uncle David took me to the game.

On 23 October I was back at Hampden - with my Aunt Joyce -to see PTFC beat Celtic 4-1 in the League Cup Final. Ten days that shaped my life.

My old man wasn't into football - he was a country and western music fan and in 1972 my Mum wouldn't let me go to the Scotland-Northern Ireland game as she was worried that the IRA might target Hampden!

Nae wonder I've got issues.

Yeah, Partick.

:D

Scotland 0-2 Australia in November 2000; Brett Emerton & David Zdrilic scored for the Aussies. I was 19, so a late starter. Game was dreadful, and we had Jonathan Gould in goal FFS. God alone knows how or why I got hooked after that!

Scotland 0 - 1 Denmark. 21st Aug 2002. Was 15 and went with the school.

Berti's first home game in charge. Star striker Kevin Kyle up front.

Was genuinely gutted and from that moment on was hooked because I wanted to have that buzz of seeing Scotland score a goal in a big game that really mattered.

So far only really created when Barry Ferguson equalised against Italy and when Shaun Maloney scored against Ireland.

Scotland 2 Austria 0 @ Celtic Park. October 1998

Kevin Gallagher, what a player he was.

The noise when the goals went in :yikes3:

Just before my 10th birthday. That was my present.

April 2nd 97 it was. I came up for the double header.

April 2nd 97 it was. I came up for the double header.

You're right. Remember standing on the seat and falling off as Gallagher's goal went in. Latvia game was the one near my birthday, we also won 2-0. Gallagher was my hero as a child :blush:

You're right. Remember standing on the seat and falling off as Gallagher's goal went in. Latvia game was the one near my birthday, we also won 2-0. Gallagher was my hero as a child :blush:

IIRC the Latvia game was the weekend of a School holiday, and the game was originally suppose to be at Easter Road.... Tickets were going to be worth their weight in gold, so my dad decided it was better to take the whole family down to Center Parcs near Nottingham.

Game got switched to Celtic Park, and me and my dad drove back up the road early on the Saturday, and back down to Nottingham after the game to spend the rest of our holiday with my mum and brothers :-))

IIRC the Latvia game was the weekend of a School holiday, and the game was originally suppose to be at Easter Road.... Tickets were going to be worth their weight in gold, so my dad decided it was better to take the whole family down to Center Parcs near Nottingham.

Game got switched to Celtic Park, and me and my dad drove back up the road early on the Saturday, and back down to Nottingham after the game to spend the rest of our holiday with my mum and brothers :-))

That is dedication :lol:

11th October 2003 Scotland 1 Lithuania 0 - Darren Fletcher with winner take us to play off against Dutch

Age - 22

Only missed 1 home qualifier since the 6-1 win against Faroes at Parkhead due to my mates wedding that day

Edited by Geed