You're First Scotland Match. What Age We You And What Was The Score - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

You're First Scotland Match. What Age We You And What Was The Score

Robroysboy

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1974 Scotland 2 England 0. Two own goals but cared not a jot. Was 12 yrs old and had only been to Scotland schoolboys matches before hearing my school was selling boys enclosure tickets for the big team. Managed to get some for all my mates who weren't at the same school as me too. Was dreich and drizzly day but the noise and the colour will stay with me forever, as will the memory of wee Jinky flicking V signs to the press box after the game as payback for all the negative press he got for the Largs rowing boat escapade What a team we had then. Happy days!

:ok:

1974 Scotland 2 England 0. Two own goals but cared not a jot. Was 12 yrs old and had only been to Scotland schoolboys matches before hearing my school was selling boys enclosure tickets for the big team. Managed to get some for all my mates who weren't at the same school as me too. Was dreich and drizzly day but the noise and the colour will stay with me forever, as will the memory of wee Jinky flicking V signs to the press box after the game as payback for all the negative press he got for the Largs rowing boat escapade What a team we had then. Happy days!

:ok:

That was my first one too :ok: , Rory Superscot on the program , Mike Pejik got dogs abuse from the English fans behind us after scoring an og , which was going in anyway

Scotland v East Germany 1982 Euro Qualifier. We won 2-0. I was 8 and my dad took me and my brothers.Remember being in the old main stand with wooden seats.

Luxury compared to the terracing.

Lol

Absolutely :lol:

I can remember auld guys there with plaids across their laps to keep warm and sharing their whisky in wee nip glasses. My dad took me there at first as there was less swearing. No family area in those days (early 70's).

Think the under-21s beat proper Germany 4-3 at Pittodrie in the early 90s - Big Dunc ripping the Germans a new one. What a waste, the thick .

tbh this was probably the best game i've been to ; we were 3-1 down to the Germans - there was a particular incident ; Duncan went into a challenge/header heavily with a German and the crowd seemed to noise things up - i was in the south stand , ground was pretty full from memory

we had some decent players in the team then ; we were close to scoring a 5th goal near the end - mind alec rae hitting one - not sure if that was the 4th goal or the almost goal - great night - 0-0 game v Sweden anti-climax in comparison (semi finals i think)

paul lambert playing i think also ; booth, jess , etc

1-1 away was also a good result v Germany

My first game was at Hampden v Spain in 84 or 85 - 3-1 v Spain ; 17yrs old , just started working , bridge bar for pint train down from Aberdeen walked to game ; paper train home at night - home about 2am

worth it

28/03/2001

San Marino at Hampden we won 4-0 & it was Colin Hendry's last ever game due to suspension for catching their striker a belter going for a ball in the air ?

Only 6 at the time but been hooked ever since..

Yeah that's the one. The set piece hadn't been taken at that point (I don't think) and he reacted to shirt pulling, wrongly!

28/03/2001

San Marino at Hampden we won 4-0 & it was Colin Hendry's last ever game due to suspension for catching their striker a belter going for a ball in the air ?

Only 6 at the time but been hooked ever since..

Colin Hendry scored two of the goals that night.

Scotland v Holland - 23 March 1982 (seems to have been a Tuesday surprisingly)

Scotland won 2-1

Jim Bett's debut

Attendance 71,848

I was 14

23 March 82 I was 13.

Scotland 2 Holland 1. F Gray(pen) and Dalglish with the goals.

Scotland v Holland - 23 March 1982 (seems to have been a Tuesday surprisingly)

Scotland won 2-1

Jim Bett's debut

Attendance 71,848

I was 14

Did You see me?

Edited by Jagtag

Scotland 2 - 0 France (Johnston '28 & '52)
8 March 1989

Hampden Park

Att: 65,204

9 years old.....absolutely pelted down that night - arrived at the stadium drenched but luckily we were in the old West Stand so had cover, looking back I really feel for the foot soldiers who were in the North & East stands that night.....as least the result made it worthwhile. I do remember thinking for Mo Jo's first he did well to get it out from under his feet so must have been on my dads shoulders!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fZGCPxx0e0

I was a late starter to the Scotland games. Moldova 1-1 Scotland. 2004 Aged 26. An awful game on a freezing cold night in a dodgy and dangerous city that I would never have visited otherwise. I had a great time and I've been hooked since. Still have my towels that I robbed from the Hotel Cosmos to wrap my cheap vodka in!