Polls - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SNP canvasser leave your gate open as well.

Not only that, the owners great British bulldog, which was wearing a union flag dog coat that all our soldiers died for in 2 world wars, escaped and was injured.

Damn those nasty nats.

I can see the great Gordie being brought back to life again to try and help Murphy out.

Only a matter of time.

You're going to see Brown and Darling pretty much every day on TV for the next 4 weeks, as Skeletor gets sidelined.

Only a matter of time.

You're going to see Brown and Darling pretty much every day on TV for the next 4 weeks, as Skeletor gets sidelined.

When was Darling last seen ? Pre-ref ? Doubt we'lll see him, probably still in rehab.

If Brown comes up again to frighten the pensioners then he should be jailed, a devious despicable lying turd.

Yep. There is no way polling is accurate. Or rather, the polling is accurate but people are either very soft (and will revert to Labour on the day) or they're outright lying to pollsters.

The numbers are too mental.

I don't agree that the polls are accurate and I intend on putting money on Labour doing better than expected.

I don't agree that the polls are accurate and I intend on putting money on Labour doing better than expected.

I don't see how all the pollsters can be inaccurate consistently and across the board. The data looks real and genuine but I don't believe people are going to vote the way they are currently indicating to pollsters.

And I definitely agree with putting money on faring better than they currently are. Planning to lump on myself. Anyone got some recommendations of decent punts?

I'd accept that the polls are accurate if only that all polling companies have been reporting pretty consistent results for several months now.

That said, I don't think it will translate into the number of seats that is being predicted.

Essentially every seat in Scotland has been turned into a key marginal - or a by-election if you like - and in those circumstances a lot of local factors and the personalities of the individual characters come into play. The polls - with the exception of the Ashcroft constituency polls - don't pick this up.

I reckon there will be a lot of recounts and I suspect there will be a cases of Labour having majorities of baw-hair proportions.

I don't see how all the pollsters can be inaccurate consistently and across the board. The data looks real and genuine but I don't believe people are going to vote the way they are currently indicating to pollsters.

And I definitely agree with putting money on faring better than they currently are. Planning to lump on myself. Anyone got some recommendations of decent punts?

Katy Clark to be returned :wink2:

do these folk not realise they are giving the Red Tories more ammo to fire back at us

Much like egg gate, you are assuming it wasn't just one of Murphs chums, or a Labour supporter. Sticking a SNP flag on it reminds me of the time I destroyed my own shoe box fort that I'd made and wrote "Aaron done this" in crappy handwriting, just to get my wee brother in trouble. (Devious Caant I was).

J

Much like egg gate, you are assuming it wasn't just one of Murphs chums, or a Labour supporter.

Come on, the guy who threw the egg gave himself up and was convicted. If he'd been a plant don't you think it would have come out by now.

That's not to say that Murphy hadn't been inciting such an incident for weeks and that they didn't make the absolute most they could do out of it, but its laughable to think it was a set up.

Fill your boots all stat heads!

http://cdn.yougov.com/cumulus_uploads/document/uaoy4ef6ez/Channel4_Scotland_Results_150409_Website.pdf

46% of people still intending to vote Labour saying they want Nicola to ask for Devo max if hold balance of power with Labour! This is being dressed up by CH4 as surge towards tactical voting, what I see is even with this, SNP still winning.

Looks like Yessers are voting 90% plus for snp whilst naysayers are dividing amongst the westminster parties.

Fill your boots all stat heads!

http://cdn.yougov.com/cumulus_uploads/document/uaoy4ef6ez/Channel4_Scotland_Results_150409_Website.pdf

46% of people still intending to vote Labour saying they want Nicola to ask for Devo max if hold balance of power with Labour! This is being dressed up by CH4 as surge towards tactical voting, what I see is even with this, SNP still winning.

Looks like Yessers are voting 90% plus for snp whilst naysayers are dividing amongst the westminster parties.

That's why the next referendum should be yes, no, extremely no, orange.

Channel 4 news asks

could tactical voting dent SNP’s election prospects?

http://blogs.channel4.com/gary-gibbon-on-politics/scotland-tactical-voting-dent-snps-election-prospects/30517

"Under this projection, near wipe-out could become [only] an horrendous rout … I did say it was a qualification, not exactly great news."

"Bizarrely, the way the Labour vote has collapsed in its heartlands, seats with mind-bogglingly large majorities are more vulnerable than marginal ones where middle class supporters of the Tories (and the Lib Dems where they still exist) could save a Labour MP’s bacon."