Polls - Page 46 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Labour type on twitter, including the normally very sensible Dr Eoin Clarke are getting a bit excited about tonight's YouGov poll which has the SNP on 48 & LAB on 27

Not sure why, that's still a 21 percentage point difference.

Does anyone know how many seats that might equate to?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure why, that's still a 21 percentage point difference.

Does anyone know how many seats that might equate to?

Not sure what that equates to but surely spinning slightly. He's portraying it as clawing back 4% in 4 days of yougov polls. In fact - what he'd mean is 4% of the lead %age. As opposed to labour gaining 4% of the vote share.

Still, it would indicate that there's late movement to labour.

Survation just tweeted

SNP 45.9%

Labour 25.8%

I dont think 21% would be enough to take the likes of Rutherglen & Ham West - Think that needs 23% - and some others with huge Labour majorities - but it would be enough to take most

Yes.

That is true but it tends to be accepted that the Tories need to get more votes than Labour to win the same number of seats. It's got something to do with how the boundaries work ( I don't understand that bit, I must admit). And in the safe Tory seats they tend to have bigger majorities, on average, than labour do in their safe seats.

Survation just tweeted

SNP 45.9%

Labour 25.8%

I dont think 21% would be enough to take the likes of Rutherglen & Ham West - Think that needs 23% - and some others with huge Labour majorities - but it would be enough to take most

The first one was from Davie Clegg tweeting the survation result which is completely off from what Survation actually polled and is in the Record

The first one was from Davie Clegg tweeting the survation result which is completely off from what Survation actually polled and is in the Record

The story says that the percentage changes when the people polled were shown a replica ballot paper.

The story says that the percentage changes when the people polled were shown a replica ballot paper.

Samples in each constituency won't be large enough to be accurate - so we shouldn't take much from those figures.

The usual VI samples are in-line with everyone else - so are hopefully accurate...

I just hope that when I wake up on Friday we're not hearing about the 'Shy Labour' voter, and the anti-SNP tactical vote for the Lib Dems. Difficult to take the polls at face value. Still hopeful for tomorrow.

A candidate's nephews wife said she is working on the polling station or count for the GE tonight.

My Mrs, when she did it a few years back, said she had to declare any interest in candidates. Can anyone clarify the rules on this?

Disturbing reports of people being turned away from an Annan polling station by burly blokes if they say they don't support a certain party.

D&G Council @dgcouncil 1h1 hour ago

@RuthDavidsonMSP No burly blokes outside Annan. Officers and police visiting frequently. No complaints re canvassers.

A candidate's nephews wife said she is working on the polling station or count for the GE tonight.

My Mrs, when she did it a few years back, said she had to declare any interest in candidates. Can anyone clarify the rules on this?

This is the 1st time in around 10 years that I'm not working at a polling station. I have never been asked to declare my interests in the candidates. Been a member of SNP for about 30 years