• Announcements

• TAMB1

PLEASE READ: TAMB is not closing!   10/12/2017

Just to provide an update on the future of the Tartan Army Message Board. To be clear the board will not be closing and instead will be staying open and will hopefully go from strength to strength. Who Are We? We are a group of Scotland supporters who have varied skills and expertise, along with experience of  being involved in football and running football message boards. When we heard the TAMB faced closure, we contacted the old team with a detailed plan which involved financing and running the board. After speaking to the old team on a number of occasions they have allowed us to put our plan into action. While speaking to them and going on their experience and that of those before them, we have elected to keep our identity private, however rest assured we have the best intentions for the board and those on it. Our Plans. Our plan will involve a number of stages which we hope will not only keep the board going but help improve and rejuvenate it. Our first step will be to do a bit of a clean-up of the board. This will involve some downtime for a few hours where posting will be disabled. We plan to do this early next week, a full notice will be posted on the board then. Once that is completed we will be upgrading the current board platform, both behind the scenes and hopefully aesthetically too. There will be an ongoing process of board improvements which we hope you, the user will help us with, so you have a board you will enjoy We thank the old board team for all their hard work, dedication and their help during this handover and hope you will all help support our plans going forward.
ProudScot

Scottish Players Summer Transfer Rumours

I've seen a fair bit of Cooper at Leeds. He is up and down. Had some horrible moments and some really good games. I think he is 24 so time to mature. He can hit superb long balls with his left foot but occasionally drives them straight to an opponent. Quite tough and occasionally rash. He has potential but I'd be nervous if he was playing v Slovakia and Slovenia (although no more nervous than our other centre halves). The good thing at the moment is he is in the Leeds team every week (thanks to Bartely leaving and injuries to others). Leeds have kept 5 clean sheets running in the championship so his confidence will be good. 

wrong thread. sorry. 

Edited by Tartacus
mistake

21 hours ago, Tartacus said:

I've seen a fair bit of Cooper at Leeds. He is up and down. Had some horrible moments and some really good games. I think he is 24 so time to mature. 

He's 26 (just turned).  At that age he's unlikely to develop materially. 

3 hours ago, aaid said:

Central defenders often do develop later. Many play their best football in their 30's if they keep injury free. Colin Hendry was a late developer? 

1 hour ago, Tartacus said:

Central defenders often do develop later. Many play their best football in their 30's if they keep injury free. Colin Hendry was a late developer? 

Colin Hendry wasn't a late developer though.  He might not have made his international debut until he was 27 but that was entirely because there were better, more experienced players ahead of him at the time,   By that time he was already an established player in the Premiership  

1 hour ago, aaid said:

Colin Hendry wasn't a late developer though.  He might not have made his international debut until he was 27 but that was entirely because there were better, more experienced players ahead of him at the time,   By that time he was already an established player in the Premiership  

Yep.

He'd have been a regular much earlier now.

On 9/13/2017 at 2:46 PM, aaid said:

David Weir was 22 before he was even playing regular football - was on scholarship in US prior to this if i remember

26 before playing at hearts, 

50 career goals at the Univ - ha ha  

All American as a striker in 1990 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NCAA_Division_I_men's_soccer_First-Team_All-America_teams

Edited by euan2020

Age is irrelevant though. If he is good enough get him in. Any player in any position, regardless of age, should be given the chance if he offers an alternative to other tried and failed options who continue to get selected.