Scottish Players Summer Transfer Rumours - Page 49 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players Summer Transfer Rumours

ProudScot

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Not really one for the future but George Boyd apparently just signed for Sheffield Weds boasting the colony of Scots there (Palmer, Wallace, Rhodes, Fletcher, Bannen etc)

George Boyd isn't a Scot. 

How many people said he wasn't good enough, and was only part of the squad because of who he played for...

not good enough for the gets, certainly not good enough for Scotland. Just another in the vastly over rated old firm player list. 

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

See that Caulker is rumoured to be going to Celtic. What are the odds that if it happens, he changes his mind about playing for us

Was Rodgers at Swansea and Liverpool when Caulker had his loan spells there? I noticed he recently opened up in the press about mental health issues he suffers with (apparently that is why he pulled out of a big money move to Lokomotiv Moscow at the last minute as he was in a dark place at the time in his life and thought of being alone in Moscow was not appealing).

If he goes to Celtic and it works out, then I suspect Strachan will have another crack at him (5 years since his last cap, and career not taken the path most people expected).

Edited by wanderer

1 hour ago, wanderer said:

Was Rodgers at Swansea and Liverpool when Caulker had his loan spells there? I noticed he recently opened up in the press about mental health issues he suffers with (apparently that is why he pulled out of a big money move to Lokomotiv Moscow at the last minute as he was in a dark place at the time in his life and thought of being alone in Moscow was not appealing).

If he goes to Celtic and it works out, then I suspect Strachan will have another crack at him (5 years since his last cap, and career not taken the path most people expected).

Regardless of the rights and wrongs of him playing for Scotland, by God could we do with even a Championship quality centreback in his mid twenties.

Having said that, he has a full England cap - is he not tied to them?

1 minute ago, Scots_Wha_Hae said:

Regardless of the rights and wrongs of him playing for Scotland, by God could we do with even a Championship quality centreback in his mid twenties.

Having said that, he has a full England cap - is he not tied to them?

It was a friendly v Sweden (think he even scored in that game) so is still eligible for us..... press do seem to enjoy dropping a quote every couple of years that he is interested in a call up, but not happened.

8 hours ago, wanderer said:

dont know about Swansea.

But Caulker signed for Liverpool in the January window after Klopp took over, mainly as backup during a mini injury crisis. He only had a couple of sub appearances and actually played as an auxiliary striker rather than at the back

On 7/14/2017 at 1:08 PM, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

See that Caulker is rumoured to be going to Celtic. What are the odds that if it happens, he changes his mind about playing for us

Same thought crossed my mind as well, would certainly put him in the 'window' thats for sure. Dont agree with it but would defo rear its head.