Scottish Players Summer Transfer Rumours - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players Summer Transfer Rumours

ProudScot

I'm guessing it's because the foreign manager hadn't been infected with this odd stigma we have in Scotland that 'foreign is better'.

There are 4 or 5 highly regarded teenagers at Celtic right now. I'd be surprised if he didn't promote a couple of them to the senior squad in the next year or so. E.g Tierney, Thomson, Miller, McMullan

whatever happened to that boy that was being watched by ajax, herron or something like that i think.....

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name a better pairing then?

I'm not saying they were necessarily our best CBs and both had rough patches, but while they were at Celtic, we were solid.

Any pairing without Caldwell in it for me. :ok: Don't get me started on him here again please. Statistically, the best defence we have had is the current ones. We are very stingy on conceding goals now whereas in that era we were leaking goals so that does not equate to being the best CB's. I will leave it at that and we can agree to disagree.

whatever happened to that boy that was being watched by ajax, herron or something like that i think.....

Herron is either on loan or released. Doubt he'll be good enough.

Though I think you might be talking about lewis Kidd, who was released and plays for raith rovers or something.

Liam Henderson is the one that is the most likely teenager to make it as he has already been given lots of game time. The others I mentioned are just a bit behind him.

There are 4 or 5 young players every year that are on the verge of ' making it', and they never ever do.

I never said that many would make it. Just that was how many that looked to have any chance at all. I would expect 1 or 2 to 'make it' maybe. But with Deila in i can see more getting a chance. For example, 17 year old Left back Kieran Tierney made his debut tonight

How does it work if you were born on the isle of man? Can you play for any of the home countries?

This is a bit of guesswork. People born on the Isle of Man are also British Citizens so would be eligible for any of the four home nations, however the same rules as apply to anyone born in one of the four home nations would apply and they could only be called up by a nation to which they had an eligibility, e.g. a Welsh grannie, or went to school in Belfast. The only way it would be a free for all would be if they had no Irish, Scots, Welsh or English heritage, which I would imagine would be pretty unlikely.

the guy who was born in the Channel Islands, a good English player late 80's early 90's. i cannae mind his name.. could have played for any home nation,.

I presume the IOM is the same.,..

the guy who was born in the Channel Islands, a good English player late 80's early 90's. i cannae mind his name.. could have played for any home nation,.

graeme le saux

graeme le saux

and matt le tissier

Think it was le Tissier , he could have played for us as could John Barnes I think or perhaps another Jamacian born player, whos father was born when Jamacia was a British Colony.

Think it was le Tissier , he could have played for us as could John Barnes I think or perhaps another Jamacian born player, whos father was born when Jamacia was a British Colony.

there was also another player who was a striker for forrest who i think was from another caribbean country that was rumoured to be getting called up for us i think near the end of browns reign, im sure wanderer will remember ;-)

edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Johnson_%28footballer,_born_1976%29

Edited by LewisEDI

there was also another player who was a striker for forrest who i think was from another caribbean country that was rumoured to be getting called up for us i think near the end of browns reign, im sure wanderer will remember ;-)

edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Johnson_%28footballer,_born_1976%29

David Johnston.... Paw Broom even went down to Heathrow with a camera crew from the BBC in tow to hold talks.

Shook hands on it and presented him with a shirt and then turned out he was not eligible to play for us after all (we though his mother being born in the Caribbean made his eligible, but turned out she was born in England or something)

The rules have changed since then.