Scottish Players Summer Transfer Rumours - Page 54 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players Summer Transfer Rumours

ProudScot

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen a fair bit of Cooper at Leeds. He is up and down. Had some horrible moments and some really good games. I think he is 24 so time to mature. He can hit superb long balls with his left foot but occasionally drives them straight to an opponent. Quite tough and occasionally rash. He has potential but I'd be nervous if he was playing v Slovakia and Slovenia (although no more nervous than our other centre halves). The good thing at the moment is he is in the Leeds team every week (thanks to Bartely leaving and injuries to others). Leeds have kept 5 clean sheets running in the championship so his confidence will be good. 

wrong thread. sorry. 

Edited by Tartacus
mistake

21 hours ago, Tartacus said:

I've seen a fair bit of Cooper at Leeds. He is up and down. Had some horrible moments and some really good games. I think he is 24 so time to mature. 

He's 26 (just turned).  At that age he's unlikely to develop materially. 

3 hours ago, aaid said:

Central defenders often do develop later. Many play their best football in their 30's if they keep injury free. Colin Hendry was a late developer? 

1 hour ago, Tartacus said:

Central defenders often do develop later. Many play their best football in their 30's if they keep injury free. Colin Hendry was a late developer? 

Colin Hendry wasn't a late developer though.  He might not have made his international debut until he was 27 but that was entirely because there were better, more experienced players ahead of him at the time,   By that time he was already an established player in the Premiership  

1 hour ago, aaid said:

Colin Hendry wasn't a late developer though.  He might not have made his international debut until he was 27 but that was entirely because there were better, more experienced players ahead of him at the time,   By that time he was already an established player in the Premiership  

Yep.

He'd have been a regular much earlier now.

On 9/13/2017 at 2:46 PM, aaid said:

David Weir was 22 before he was even playing regular football - was on scholarship in US prior to this if i remember

26 before playing at hearts, 

50 career goals at the Univ - ha ha  

All American as a striker in 1990 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NCAA_Division_I_men's_soccer_First-Team_All-America_teams

Edited by euan2020

• 2 weeks later...