Gms Video - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Gms Video

TheReid

said at the weekend id like to see him included ahead of maybe bannan but was VERY pleasantly surprised with him when he came on.

I think the Gibraltar game would have suited GMS attacking style of play and it could have been a lot more than 6.

This video has been recently been uploaded to youtube today featuring GMS skills and goals etc. I literally have no idea why he has not been involved in the squad.

https://youtu.be/iP4atai056M

Wasn't me who made the video, just thought it would be worth the share.

And that is just for this season (so far).

There was a stat last year that showed that Dundee Utd won and scored considerably more when he was playing. That includes when Gauld, Robertson, Armstrong etc were playing.

His inclusion is long overdue

I did have a giggle in the middle of that first vid. about 2 minutes in.. he tries a nutmeg pass which would never have got to it's target, but takes a lucky bounce off the guys heel and drops kindly for another player to finish. That complete luck 'pass' after an attempted pass he should have made ends up in a highlight reel and gets a slo-mo replay! :D

I did have a giggle in the middle of that first vid. about 2 minutes in.. he tries a nutmeg pass which would never have got to it's target, but takes a lucky bounce off the guys heel and drops kindly for another player to finish. That complete luck 'pass' after an attempted pass he should have made ends up in a highlight reel and gets a slo-mo replay! :D

He's that good that he deliberately hit the ball off the players ankle to make the pass ;)

First video is Skills I would expect to see from any attacking player in our top league. 2nd video showed he has so,e nice tricks and more importantly an awareness of where/when to try them.

Boy has ability but need to see more consistency before he is called up.

First video is Skills I would expect to see from any attacking player in our top league. 2nd video showed he has so,e nice tricks and more importantly an awareness of where/when to try them.

Or Matt Ritchie ?

GMS is consistent.

Edited by Paulo2576

I get the feeling GMS is the type of player that will do better in a more dominate side because he'll have more freedom going forward without having to worry about getting back as much. Also, it's harder to keep good players quiet in better teams because there are other good players to worry about.

I'm not a huge fan of his but he can't be worse than Ritchie?!

We could do with another game before the Ireland match to give players that end the season well a chance. The Ireland may his too big to try new players.

I get the feeling GMS is the type of player that will do better in a more dominate side because he'll have more freedom going forward without having to worry about getting back as much. Also, it's harder to keep good players quiet in better teams because there are other good players to worry about.

I'm not a huge fan of his but he can't be worse than Ritchie?!

We could do with another game before the Ireland match to give players that end the season well a chance. The Ireland may his too big to try new players.

That's a bit how I think D Fletcher was at Man Utd as opposed to playing for Scotland.

The Ireland may his too big to try new players.

Agree, but would like to get him involved for the remaining fixtures in the group. Re Ritchie

If we need a goal vs germany, poland or georgia away GMS or Armstrong look like they could add value to the current squad in my opinion.

That's a bit how I think D Fletcher was at Man Utd as opposed to playing for Scotland.

I agree to some extent. Also, I think there was an expectation on Fletcher to make things happen for Scotland when that has never really been the strongest part of his game.

I agree to some extent. Also, I think there was an expectation on Fletcher to make things happen for Scotland when that has never really been the strongest part of his game.

Agree. That's sort of what I meant.

Big player in a small pond for Scotland and a lot of expectation and pressure as well as extra workload in a mediocre team for many years.