Scotland Players In Action - Page 44 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action

kmcca5

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barry Bannan has shown in glimpses there is the potential there for a player who could easily stand toe to toe with the main players for a starting place (Strachan seems to like something about him......) but problem is his club career is so stop-start, that he just never seems to progress.

If he could get a season or two of constant first team action at a steady club, I think he would find himself right in the mix for a starting place.

Again though, we all thought going to Palace was the right move for him (and Palace fans seemed to love him), so need to see what happens at Bolton for him for the rest of the season.

In what actual games was he "very poor"?

I'll make it easy for you.

Here's the games he played in in the last two seasons

Germany Sep 7, 2014 ECQ L 2-1 Sub-On 57 min
Georgia Oct 11, 2014 ECQ W 1-0 Sub-On 79 min
Norway Nov 19, 2013 Int W 0-1 Sub-On 63 min
Croatia Oct 15, 2013 WCQ W 2-0 Sub-On 81 min
Macedonia Sep 10, 2013 WCQ W 1-2 Sub-On 77 min
Croatia Jun 7, 2013 WCQ W 0-1 Started
Estonia Feb 6, 2013 Int W 1-0 Sub-On 61 min
6 out of 7 wins for Scotland.

The only time he got 90 minutes was against Croatia away (1-0 win for us btw). Was he very poor that day?

I don't think he's a bad player but I do think that's somewhat of a false statistic.

He will have played in more victories than losses because he's the the type of player you bring on whilst winning to ''shore things up''.

Strachan's never gonna bring him on to change a game.

I don't think he's a bad player but I do think that's somewhat of a false statistic.

He will have played in more victories than losses because he's the the type of player you bring on whilst winning to ''shore things up''.

Strachan's never gonna bring him on to change a game.

It's not a false statistic, but I like your interpretation.

He doesn't score many goals, and he doesn't create many chances, so why bring him on when you're chasing the game?

Makes sense.

However, I'm not the one saying he's very poor every time he plays.

Clearly, he gets brought on, mostly, to shore up the midfield. And, looking at his record, he's good at it.

In what actual games was he "very poor"?

I'll make it easy for you.

Here's the games he played in in the last two seasons

Germany Sep 7, 2014 ECQ L 2-1 Sub-On 57 min

Georgia Oct 11, 2014 ECQ W 1-0 Sub-On 79 min

Norway Nov 19, 2013 Int W 0-1 Sub-On 63 min

Croatia Oct 15, 2013 WCQ W 2-0 Sub-On 81 min

Macedonia Sep 10, 2013 WCQ W 1-2 Sub-On 77 min

Croatia Jun 7, 2013 WCQ W 0-1 Started

Estonia Feb 6, 2013 Int W 1-0 Sub-On 61 min

6 out of 7 wins for Scotland.

The only time he got 90 minutes was against Croatia away (1-0 win for us btw). Was he very poor that day?

I thought he was poor when he came on against Georgia. Gave the ball away, made other mistakes and didn't do the basics well.

Glad to hear he's doing well at club level, hopefully he can take that form into the next time he plays for Scotland.

McArthur was horrific against Georgia (though it could have been bad instructions). He was placed defensively on the wing, but went wandering leaving huge gaps his slow pace couldn't recover. The inclusion of him was what game Georgia the impetuous to give us a difficult last 15 minutes.

Alex Davey is still listed everywhere as being Scottish and hasn't appeared for the England Under 19s or Under 21s in the last year which he surely would have done if he switched back.

The reason he never played for Scotland at youth level last year was because of a bad injury which kept him out for more than half the season.

That and Billy Stark being a bit dim.

Alex Davey is still listed everywhere as being Scottish and hasn't appeared for the England Under 19s or Under 21s in the last year which he surely would have done if he switched back.

The reason he never played for Scotland at youth level last year was because of a bad injury which kept him out for more than half the season.

That and Billy Stark being a bit dim.

His Twiiter profile used to mention Scotland but doesn't now. He's not good enough for England youth teams.