Scotland Players In Action - Page 144 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action

kmcca5

Ally Reynolds of Limassol in Cyprus played again the other night as they won 4-0 in the Europa League.

18 year old who moved there at 9 from Edinburgh.... very highly rated.

On loan, and playing well with Aiya Napa FC. Unfortunately they are bottom of the table.

His parent team Apollon Limassol are 3rd in the table and rumoured to be wanting him back in January.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aaid, on 10 Nov 2015 - 10:36 AM, said:

Fletcher is more effective in the lone striker role than Naismith.

Your only option to bring McArthur in then is to drop either Brown or Morrison, and looking at their similar capabilities it's a case of dropping Brown.

Unless he has a real improvement in form over the remainder of the season, Strachan really has to look at sidelining Brown.

I agree that, generally, Fletcher is a better lone forward than Naismith. However at that time, Fletcher was not playing for Sunderland and was hopelessly low on confidence. He wasn't the right man to be playing in that game. Naismith has performed that role well many times in the past and would've been the better choice to do so on that occasion, IMO.

So i don't agree that the "only option" to bring McArthur in for that game was to either drop Brown or Morrison.

Watched Greg Wylde and Jordan Archer last night for Plymouth and Milwall. Archer was OK, not at fault for any goals. Wylde looked superb but is a few promotions away from a Scotland squad.

Watched Greg Wylde and Jordan Archer last night for Plymouth and Milwall. Archer was OK, not at fault for any goals. Wylde looked superb but is a few promotions away from a Scotland squad.

He was absolutely rank rotten at St Mirren. I watched him week in week out, and I doubt he'll be anywhere near good enough, even in the future.

Edited by Mr. Kilt

But he was also good at Rangers, I remember him in particular having a terrific game against PSV.

Perhaps he had to sort himself out and is back in form again.

He was decent if he came up against a defender who hadn't played aginst him or seen him play before. As soon as you watched him once or twice you realised his one move was to try and smack the ball past a defender and run onto it. 7/10 he'd hit the defenders foot as he had had literally no awareness or body movement.

He did get lucky quite a few times, where the ball would bounce of the defender then back off him to send Wylde free... that was probably his best trick lol

He was decent if he came up against a defender who hadn't played aginst him or seen him play before. As soon as you watched him once or twice you realised his one move was to try and smack the ball past a defender and run onto it. 7/10 he'd hit the defenders foot as he had had literally no awareness or body movement.

He did get lucky quite a few times, where the ball would bounce of the defender then back off him to send Wylde free... that was probably his best trick lol

Now you say that, there was a bit of that.

<p>Greg Wylde has about as much chance of playing for Scotland as i do. An utterly garbage footballer, who puts in little graft and acts like a billy big-time. </p>

He was popular while at Aberdeen then?

Graham Carey, who was also largely ineffectual for St. Mirren has been one of Plymouth's star men this season, but I doubt you'll see him getting an Ireland call up any time soon. You have to factor in the level that these guys are now playing at.

kmcca5, on 13 Nov 2015 - 07:28 AM, said:

That's his third game now. Hope he is recovering well. Might struggle to get in Full squad if results remain positive though.

If he's struggling to get in to the Brighton squad then he's clearly not the player we hoped and is not good enough for us.

If he's struggling to get in to the Brighton squad then he's clearly not the player we hoped and is not good enough for us.

He has been injured all season and just coming back. Apparently his goal was a superb solo effort where he dribbled past 3 defenders and rifled in the shot. Subbed after an hour to warm applause following an excellent overall performance. Agree he needs to progress to the Brighton full team but he may be the type of breakthrough player Strachan talked about.

killiefaetheferry, on 13 Nov 2015 - 08:15 AM, said:

He has been injured all season and just coming back. Apparently his goal was a superb solo effort where he dribbled past 3 defenders and rifled in the shot. Subbed after an hour to warm applause following an excellent overall performance. Agree he needs to progress to the Brighton full team but he may be the type of breakthrough player Strachan talked about.

er yir macaroon, on 13 Nov 2015 - 09:56 AM, said:

He missed pre-season, even an established international player can't expect to slip back into a team at the top of the Championship. If he get's in the side by Easter I'll be very impressed.

No one was saying he should be in the team right away. I meant that once he's up to full match fitness, if he's not getting in to the match day squad at a middle of the road English Championship side, then he's not the player we hope he is.

No one was saying he should be in the team right away. I meant that once he's up to full match fitness, if he's not getting in to the match day squad at a middle of the road English Championship side, then he's not the player we hope he is.

Middle of the road? Unbeaten all season and second top?

Darren Fletcher representing Great Britain at Old Trafford today ?

Noticed this was billed as GB and Ireland when there wasn't any Irish men in it. Watched the 'highlights' last night and seemed like a beckham love in (wa*kfest) more than anything else.