Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 81 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

I don't know much about these people either, but if the Rangers fans had a choice between somebody like Ashley (who is looking to make some money), and a bunch of bigots (not saying that what these 'Bears' are) being in charge, which would they choose?

Compared to the English top league, the money to be made from Rangers is very small indeed, even if Rangers were to be qualifying for the group stage of the Champions League every year. When you consider this, could Ashley actually be wanting to invest in Rangers so that he could be the owner of a team that is competing for trophies every year? Could it actually be about the sport, rather than the money? If so, could the Rangers fans be backing the wrong horse here?

Bit confused as to why these investors are being used in the same sentence as bigots. Any reason?

Anyone can see Ashley is only interested in exploiting rangers for his own commercial gain. The sooner rangers can get rid of him, the better.

This is an email sent out to Rangers First subscribers. The RST also has a scheme. Between both they could have around nearly three million shares by the end of next year.

"We would like to firstly wish all our members a very happy new year and hope that 2015 proves to be a very successful year for both you and your one true love - Rangers!

It’s been an eventful first year for Rangers First. Since we launched in February we have seen over 2000 fans make contributions to our Community Interest Company. This has resulted in us now owning around 640k shares in RIFC plc.

So a massive thank you to every one of you who has contributed to this in 2014.

Our membership numbers are growing very rapidly right now. A further 250 fans have signed up to Rangers First in December with over 150 of these coming today alone. This is the largest number of sign ups we have seen in a single day since we first launched. A tremendous effort by all concerned and very positive signs for the year ahead.
Dependant on any changes in the RIFC share price over the coming year we predict that current membership levels will allow us to purchase approximately a further 800k shares next year. "

Edited by EddardStark

I'm with him Scotty. Man up and get ripped in about us :)

:lol: :lol:

Another crisis for Rangers is that Thistle have released the beast. Aaron Muirhead is set to sign for Falkirk. If you think Ian Black is "hard", you'll need to think again. Muirhead is keen on the stookie. Really good player (for me). Need to trust the manager on this one.

:lol: :lol:

Another crisis for Rangers is that Thistle have released the beast. Aaron Muirhead is set to sign for Falkirk. If you think Ian Black is "hard", you'll need to think again. Muirhead is keen on the stookie. Really good player (for me). Need to trust the manager on this one.

Clearly haven't seen any of my posts regarding that little cretin. A plastic hard man who should be no where near my club.

Absolutely beggars belief he takes home over £30k a month.

Don't know anything about Muirhead I must admit m8

Presumably the same would apply to Newcastle fans as well who are desperate to get rid off Ashley. I know nothing about the three bears so aren't going to make any comment on the implied sectarianism except to say that most Rangers fans just want people who are genuinely concerned for the club's future to be involved rather than the mobsters who have been running the club in recent history.

It's a non argument anyway given Ashley's proposed increase to his shareholding has been rejected. In that respect the supports don't have a 'choice' to make. Anyone that was at the AGM will be able to tell you that. I was a season ticket holder at Newcastle for a year and Ashley is universally hated by every supporter. Yes the club is in profit but every penny goes into his back pocket. A lot is/was made of Pardews contract but he was actual one of the lowest paid EPL managers. The team finished 5th in the league and then didn't sign a player for 18months whilst selling off their best. The result was the team treading water whilst producing absolute guff week in week out. Of course making money is important to a football club but when the owner isn't really interested in the club kicking on then why would any fan want that? Granted it's a damn sight healthier than the current situation at Rangers but long term that isn't the answer IMO.

I don't know enough about the 3 investors other than they are big Rangers fans and have money. I'll need to read the various bits and bobs over the coming weeks and see what influence they have before making judgement. As for the 'bigot' stuff I'm not sure where that comes from although there are those that believe Rangers fans and bigot are synonymous with each other so it doesn't really surprise me that's being said by some.

Edited by Angus_Young

While I think there's always room for good-natured banter, all the 'Sevco', 'The The Rangers' etc. stuff just becomes repetitive and tedious.

This is first and foremost a Scotland board and most of the Rangers fans on here seem like good guys - Wolfie, Fairbairn, TT, Angus, Larky, Eddard, TartanJon (sorry if I've missed anyone out) - so I tend not to go for cheap pot shots.

Tartanjon? ???

According to Scotzine...

- MacLeod sold for 850,000 pounds

- all money goes to Ashley as a condition on previous loan

- Bees pay half upfront (the rest over 18 months in 3 instalments)

- sell on clause agreed

http://www.scotzine.com/2014/12/brentford-sign-rangers-midfielder-lewis-macleod-for-850k/?

Ah yes, as revealed by Phil about a month ago. But then his revelations are always well wide of the mark

Clearly haven't seen any of my posts regarding that little cretin. A plastic hard man who should be no where near my club.

Absolutely beggars belief he takes home over £30k a month.

Don't know anything about Muirhead I must admit m8

30k a month!! I'll not even start on that... we all know that's obscene. FFS.

Your team hasn't come up against Muirhead so no problem not knowing about him. I liked the guy, was honest, professional (mostly) and always tried his hardest. Great penalty taker.

His infamous game was against Queen of the South in 2013. Challenge Cup Final. He fukked up, gave a goal away then stookied one of the QoS players who rubbed it in. Should have cost us the game... we sneaked an equaliser in the 3rd minute of injury time but lost on penalties. I suppose he would have banged one in... but you can't blame him when their keeper saves a couple.

30k.. trying not to start on that! :lol:

30k a month!! I'll not even start on that... we all know that's obscene. FFS.

Your team hasn't come up against Muirhead so no problem not knowing about him. I liked the guy, was honest, professional (mostly) and always tried his hardest. Great penalty taker.

His infamous game was against Queen of the South in 2013. Challenge Cup Final. He fukked up, gave a goal away then stookied one of the QoS players who rubbed it in. Should have cost us the game... we sneaked an equaliser in the 3rd minute of injury time but lost on penalties. I suppose he would have banged one in... but you can't blame him when their keeper saves a couple.

30k.. trying not to start on that! :lol:

It's funny but he sounds like the type of player I always liked when I was playing. Now that I'm a referee I would probably send him aff every week :)

It's ing hideous innit? I couldn't quite believe we had signed him anyway but when I heard the wages and then seen what he produces it really makes my blood boil. Absolutely no surprise we are in this state when you look at him as an example.

A Hearts fan gave a good account of him earlier.. He was a good player, got 'legally' stuck in and actually played a bit.

I'm not sure if 30k a feckin' month has got to him but he's lost any real skill he had recently.

He's in the mould of Novo. Non-Rangers fans will hate him for no reason - just because he is he. I don't think Thistle have come up against Black too many times. When we have, he was hated. Must be in his nature to piss off other teams. I was that type of player when I played amateur... I wanted to win, but I'd never bet on my team to lose... the odds would have been shite as we lost almost every week.

For a football player to dive in to tackles then greet about being tackled shows you how much of a wee fanny he is.

A Hearts fan gave a good account of him earlier.. He was a good player, got 'legally' stuck in and actually played a bit.

I'm not sure if 30k a feckin' month has got to him but he's lost any real skill he had recently.

He's in the mould of Novo. Non-Rangers fans will hate him for no reason - just because he is he. I don't think Thistle have come up against Black too many times. When we have, he was hated. Must be in his nature to piss off other teams. I was that type of player when I played amateur... I wanted to win, but I'd never bet on my team to lose... the odds would have been shite as we lost almost every week.

For a football player to dive in to tackles then greet about being tackled shows you how much of a wee fanny he is.

He's not in the Novo mould, Novo at least made a positive contribution Black has done absolutely f*ck all in 2 1/2 seasons.

Can't agree about him getting stuck in. The type of guy that will go through someone from the back but for a genuine 50/50 he will be no where to be seen. As you say he then resorts to crying like a wee lassie when he gets anything back. Comes across as a petulant child and some reports I've heard about him would back that up.

Novo was never the most gifted player but he gave you everything he had and as Larky said, at least contributed something in terms of big performances and important goals.

The fact that the majority of his own support dislike him says it all about Black.

Ah yes, as revealed by Phil about a month ago. But then his revelations are always well wide of the mark

Ha you say it like scotzine is some authoratitive confirmation of fact.

Q&A session with Neil Doncaster from the BBC. I like this bit :wink2: :wink2: :wink2:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30646033

"In terms of the question about old club, new club, that was settled very much by the Lord Nimmo Smith commission that was put together by the SPL to look at EBT payments at that time.

"The decision, very clearly from the commission, was that the club is the same, the club continues, albeit it is owned by a new company, but the club is the same."

So the official take from the SPFL is that Rangers Football Club continues, it's the same club?

"Yes, it's the same club, absolutely."

People have extreme views on this, so what's the difference between a club and a company?

"The member club is the entity that participates in our league and we have 42 member clubs.

"Those clubs may be owned by a company, sometimes it's a Private Limited Company, sometimes it's a PLC, but ultimately, the company is a legal entity in its own right, which owns a member club that participates in the league."

So, once and for all, the league is putting this to bed, it's the same club?

"It was put to bed by the Lord Nimmo Smith commission some while ago - it's the same club."

The battle is not over . This from Craig Houston of Sons of Struth.

The Great Boardroom carve up

I knew it wouldnt be long before for some sort of response from Ashley about the 3 bears buying Laxey shares and some sort of devious scheme to protect his position.

His loan which was bullied through despite 2 better funding offers being available seen him get to appoint 2 directors. Despite Somers attempts at the AGM to suggest Llambias was independent not his first placement, it was Ashleys choice.

He has been contemplating his second place but due to recent events, Somers email being outed and his possible required removal and the three bears buying shares, Ashley now thinks two directors may not be enough.

His loan was for six months but his board placement agreement is for two years and if he could place three directors then this would keep him in power of the day to day running with out needing more shareholding.

Over the next few days he will attempt to get Barry Leach on board as an "independent" Finance Director and then place his second choice giving him three directors under his instruction. This could potentially give him control in the board room regardless of the next moves of the three bears for years.

Remember what I said yesterday, whoever underwrites the next share issue will control our club and if he controls the boardroom he will in effect decide who becomes the underwriter.

I also mentioned yesterday that I was swaying from "game by game" to "not a penny more" these actions go some way to making my decision for me.

Those who believed that because the three bears bought shares meant the game was over and the "good guys" had won, need to be aware that its far from over. We are dealing with men driven by greed and not the love of our club.

It is my personal decision to become "not a penny more" and every fan should decide for themselves but they deserve to know the facts about who they are about to give their money to.

Craig