Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 451 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest BlueGaz
14 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

:lol:

That’s a new one.

Wouldn’t normally use that phrase, but trial starts today hence the BBC article ref Rangers earlier. Which is what we were talking about. 

Guest BlueGaz
Just now, Ally Bongo said:

I'd guess morals

What a find incredible is a victim of such a dispicable crime being advised to go direct to a club and not to the police. This is a criminal offence that is being alleged. The club should be nowhere near it initially. Go to police, do it properly and the club will be brought into it at the appropriate juncture. I still can’t get my head round it. 

What I also find incredible, is the timing of this by the bbc. This was first reported 2 years ago. The guy was sacked at the time and police informed. Why are the police not involved? 

Why is it being brought to the fore again today? Because torrbet trial starts today and that is going to open a whole world of hurt, very soon. BBC are the cunts here, playing games with something so sensitive and disgusting. 

8 hours ago, biffer said:

Any claims for damages do. Anything to do with reputation, culture, history, etc are apparently all the same club. So it depends if the main thing the complainant wants is compensation, or if it's more an investigation into how it happened and how much wider it went. If it's the later then it's up to the NewCo, by their own standards of owning the history.

Agreed on the investigations point, and they should do it, if thats what he wishes to be done.

15 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

So maybe there’s more than one ‘big Jock’ that knew ?

The big difference being Rangers reported it to the police and sacked the guy. Maybe they could have done more? We don't know yet. 

What did Hibs do.  Where he did this prior?

If it's proved Rangers did hide something then they deserve all they get.  The victim(s) here are the ones who need the right support from the right bodies, but, financially it is correct. 

I just find it baffling he's been advised to make a financial claim first before going to the police. 

The timing off all this is spectacular, and considering other things i do question why Rangers are being singled out...

Guest BlueGaz
4 minutes ago, Debian said:

The big difference being Rangers reported it to the police and sacked the guy. Maybe they could have done more? We don't know yet. 

What did Hibs do.  Where he did this prior?

If it's proved Rangers did hide something then they deserve all they get.  The victim(s) here are the ones who need the right support from the right bodies, but, financially it is correct. 

I just find it baffling he's been advised to make a financial claim first before going to the police. 

The timing off all this is spectacular, and considering other things i do question why Rangers are being singled out...

Hiding what? As soon as the young lads dad came to see the management, the cunt was sacked and the police were informed. 

What did the police do? (I don’t know). 

I agree with you about the routes taken.  Strange and I’m not convinced all is as it seems. 

The timing is perfect by the puppeteers that control all our media. The BBC are scum in this instance  

I doubt Rangers are hiding anything in this case. That’s a line towed in other places. Having a fucking awful PR dept isn’t a crime. Politely pointing allegations in the right direction is the correct thing to do, although in this case it should have been the police. 

8 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Hiding what? As soon as the young lads dad came to see the management, the cunt was sacked and the police were informed. 

What did the police do? (I don’t know). 

I agree with you about the routes taken.  Strange and I’m not convinced all is as it seems. 

The timing is perfect by the puppeteers that control all our media. The BBC are scum in this instance  

I doubt Rangers are hiding anything in this case. That’s a line towed in other places. Having a fucking awful PR dept isn’t a crime. Politely pointing allegations in the right direction is the correct thing to do, although in this case it should have been the police. 

I'm not saying we have, but if what we have done (all above board so far) is disproved then it changes things.  

Ultimately it's a well orchestrated attack, but it doesn't surprise me... what is likely though is that the Torbett outcome is known and this is being used to drag us down with them...

Guest BlueGaz
6 minutes ago, Debian said:

I'm not saying we have, but if what we have done (all above board so far) is disproved then it changes things.  

Ultimately it's a well orchestrated attack, but it doesn't surprise me... what is likely though is that the Torbett outcome is known and this is being used to drag us down with them...

Unlike England, I thought that the police up here had to act when made aware of a crime. It’s not the victims call if they want to pursue it or not. So don’t understand why they are not involved. If I was Rangers I’d be straight on to the police after the BBCs antics today. Get them to deal with it. 

Guest BlueGaz
10 minutes ago, Debian said:

Potentially a lot more clubs involved than two though. I’m unsure what the outcome will be. But could guarantee there are many shitting themselves. And rightly so. 

The timing on this is all very dodgy, considering (a) it was reported to the police at the time, (b) it was flagged again recently during the ongoing investigation into abuse in Scottish Football, and (c) the club have correctly said they cant settle any claims as they are legally barred from doing so, but have offered what else they can (counseling, etc.). There isn't even a story here as far as I can see, sad as it all is.

I'm wondering if their maybe certain reporting restrictions at the 'other' trial that started today..... but even that would be a stretch.

EDIT: seems the trial date for Torbett is now June, though not fixed as far as I can see.

Edited by Stu101

Why is it only Rangers fans who seem to know about this Torbett trial? Had a couple of Rangers fans referencing it on FB last night too. I doubt anyone else in Scotland has even the slightest knowledge about it. It seems they are either extreme pursuers of justice or maybe there is another reason they all seem to have an interest in it. Whatever reason, it’s pretty unhealthy.

7 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Why is it only Rangers fans who seem to know about this Torbett trial? Had a couple of Rangers fans referencing it on FB last night too. I doubt anyone else in Scotland has even the slightest knowledge about it. It seems they are either extreme pursuers of justice or maybe there is another reason they all seem to have an interest in it. Whatever reason, it’s pretty unhealthy.

Obsessed springs to mind, maybe if they looked a little closer to home they wouldn't use it to take the moral high ground 

so, let me get this right. Someone of a celtic persuasion has released this story through the BBC about some kid who was abused by an ex rangers coach, the timing of the release is to coincide with an ex celtic coach standing trial to have a pop at rangers? 

The BBC and pretty much everyone else on earth is out to get rangers

Have I got this right?

Edited by vanderark14

11 hours ago, Big Col said:

irrespective of the motives or the timing of this accusation Rangers really need to get a new PR person

The wording of that statement is nothing but scummy.

Has Jabba's name written all over it

Using child abuse to point score In a club statement? Jesus wept.

10 hours ago, BlueGaz said:

Having a fucking awful PR dept isn’t a crime. Politely pointing allegations in the right direction is the correct thing to do, although in this case it should have been the police. 

Using it to point score is below the belt though.

There was nothing polite about paranoid ramblings in that statement.

30 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

so, let me get this right. Someone of a celtic persuasion has released this story through the BBC about some kid who was abused by an ex rangers coach, the timing of the release is to coincide with an ex celtic coach standing trial to have a pop at rangers? 

The BBC and pretty much everyone else on earth is out to get rangers

Have I got this right?

Aye, watch you don't get called a bangwagon jumper for calling them out for being paranoid gimps though!