Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 443 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

18 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Cant u get excited with your own team? U guys are super obsessed with the world record holders. Still i cant blame you. Envy is all it ever was. The new glorious revolution is starting on copland road. Explosion of publicity and talent coming toward the slopes of ibrox. Good times ahead

Has anyone else noticed that Bonny78 stopped posting about the same time as Big Ron started? 😂

3 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Has anyone else noticed that Bonny78 stopped posting about the same time as Big Ron started? 😂

:lol: 

Got to give old Ron his due, his fishing skills remain pretty good. 

3 minutes ago, Parklife said:

:lol: 

Got to give old Ron his due, his fishing skills remain pretty good. 

Marching season’s coming into full flow though so enjoy Ron on here while you can. 😄

33 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

I have said a few times, we don't need to close the gap on Celtic, thats not where we should be looking. 

You are beyond deluded if you think for one second that a large section of your support would even entertain that notion for a minute.

I agree with you but he'll not get leeway like that. Especially if he starts slow, loses the first old firm and Celtic win the league cup!!

4 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

It is bringing a feelgood factor to me Mox.  And I am not trolling.  We have Brendan Rodgers up here who's stock is high and I believe a great manager and person.  We have Lennon who is controversial but proving to be a great manager and person.  McInness needs to get his finger out but I believe the Dons fans are excited too.  Killie have a great manager.  I think we can have a good league next year.  Sorry if I am being over optimistic.  I would love hearts to challenge but not while levein is there.  Never forgive him for Prague.

Hopefully Jack Ross is still with the Buddies and give the lot of you a run for your money 🙂

1 hour ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Gerrard may or may not turn out to be a good manager. Its a gamble but the other options they have tried so far haven't worked. However, whether its Gerrard or Pep Guardiola, you would need a massive increase in performance to change the current squad into a good, challenging, team. 

A mate at work who is friends with the family has said Scott Arfield is signing, I am sure its already been rumoured, not like thats an exclusive. From his understanding, Arfield is taking a pay cut but he is also going to be one of the top paid players at Rangers. He also may or may not be a good signing. However they are going to need a lot more than Scott Arfield to close the gap. 

All of the above comes back to money. I would imagine Gerrard is going to be earning a decent amount, Arfield will too, players like Pena are supposedly on very decent contracts and will be hard to ship out yet there doesn't seem to be a much of an outlay from King and the board. The January transfer window shambles with players signed, loaned, loaned but have to sign later.....all sounds like money isn't readily available at Rangers....and it will be needed to close the gap with Celtic.

It could be argued that if we had an increase in performance from the players we have that would go a long way to making us a challenging team.

Guest BlueGaz
1 minute ago, Squirrelhumper said:

You are beyond deluded if you think for one second that a large section of your support would even entertain that notion for a minute.

I agree with you but he'll not get leeway like that. Especially if he starts slow, loses the first old firm and Celtic win the league cup!!

There will always be a large section of our support that won't accept anything at all other than to win the league and beat them en route.  But I was putting my thoughts/opinion into the discussion, I'm not a spokesman for the whole of our support.  😜

Guest BlueGaz
Just now, TDYER63 said:

I wouldn't mess with Parkie. He is ‘in construction’ .

👀

🤣

He will be a much better, rounded person once completely built. 😉

6 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

There will always be a large section of our support that won't accept anything at all other than to win the league and beat them en route.  But I was putting my thoughts/opinion into the discussion, I'm not a spokesman for the whole of our support.  😜

You should be. Had more folk thought like you a few years back you wouldn't have squandered so much money on sh1te.

1 hour ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Now that is not very nice. I was angry but would not fight at a scotland game. U obviously imply that u would though. Must make u a better man.  

I wouldn't want to fight someone for paying their money and voicing their opinion at a football match, no.

4 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

I wouldn't want to fight someone for paying their money and voicing their opinion at a football match, no.

We will agree to disagree mate. The booi g of onr of your own players who gave his all was poor. And yes i was angry. I was at wembley when he missed the penalty. But still a hero to me. Do you boo own players?

20 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

🤣

He will be a much better, rounded person once completely built. 😉

:lol: Got to give you that one. :ok: 

Love the appointment of Gerrard. 4yrs as well! 

Hilarious times ahead. He's definitely not going to be back down the road in 8mths.

To think the media tried to scupper this deal in the same way they did with Pedro. Touting experience and proven success as desirable attributes. Those Rangers hating bastards. 

5 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Gerrard brings a new dimension to Scottish football which I am looking forward to.  It will give the like of Scotty and Parkie endless fun and something to fill up their lifes!!

What?

All I did was point out that since LIQUIDATION you've had eight managerial appointments in six seasons, and I'm the bad guy? ^?^

3 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Quit like any normal person when appointed manager?

Must be the first pundit to take a job but tell them he can't start as he needs to work his notice!!

Clearly doesn't do walking away, etc...

Guest BlueGaz

Lets Go 🤣 

Good day so far, Pars to win tonight to top it off, before my bank holiday weekend gets ruined tomorrow afternoon when we get back to normal.

Edited by BlueGaz

4 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Quit like any normal person when appointed manager?

Must be the first pundit to take a job but tell them he can't start as he needs to work his notice!!

Means Killie will get to play against a 4th Rangers manager inside 12 months though...