Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 430 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Heard a slightly bizarre rumour the other day. It reportedly came from a good source but via a bullshitter.

Apparently a consortium with Graeme Souness as the figurehead are looking to take control of Rangers...

Probably nonsense, but thought I’d share it anyway.

:lol:

7 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Heard a slightly bizarre rumour the other day. It reportedly came from a good source but via a bullshitter.

Apparently a consortium with Graeme Souness as the figurehead are looking to take control of Rangers...

Doubt it. No one in England asks him about Scottish football anymore, so he won't be interested. 

Guest BlueGaz
46 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

That 'rumour' not a knew one mate, been doing the rounds for a few months now.  I first heard it just prior to Pedro leaving I think.

3 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

That 'rumour' not a knew one mate, been doing the rounds for a few months now.  I first heard it just prior to Pedro leaving I think.

Rangers I think will always attract attention, because they should be operating effectively with the fan base available, and the regular cash flow that arrives each year through turn styles of say 16M GBP.

Fortunately for the rest of us, rangers are being run by donkeys and are the gift that keeps giving - have seen Rangers fans referring to them as the "Banter Years"  - 

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

Well it wouldn't be the first time for this story:-

http://metro.co.uk/2012/03/15/graeme-souness-could-make-shock-return-as-rangers-manager-if-brian-kennedy-completes-club-buyout-352703/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/28071904

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1762767/rangers-graeme-souness-ibrox-return-manager/

18 hours ago, Stu101 said:

Be very odd with no external debt.

Be one of those bloggers weirdo bloggers I suspect. We are still waiting for updates on such things as the water being stolen for Ibrox via a secret pipe from a Church, the roof of Ibrox falling down, the four times we were supposed to go into administration last year, and the money laundering scandal involving the Mexican drug cartel money.

Genuinely histerical. 

16 hours ago, Stu101 said:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC437060/filing-history

No external debt that could be called up under a floating charge or standard security (See the Companies House link above which lists no charges granted) So the only way to appoint Administrators would be through the court process for some other debt. Nothing on the current court rolls to suggest any actions have been raised - you can search under the rolls section at https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/

It will be another rumor from the obsessed ^_^

Very helpful thanks. Obviously no imment action ongoing. Although, the club is managed by idiots with the temperament of children (or Donald trump). And when you’ve got management like that your business is always in peril.

Id be shocked if Rangers didn’t run themselves into the ground (again) in the near future. 

3 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I heard that one months ago.

Also i believe it was several months the last time between rumours surfacing and stuff happening. Although a lot less to care about this time in general as no reckless lending by Cummings and Masterston via Murray and BoS and a huge tax case. Will wait and see.

Edited by phart

Guest BlueGaz
3 hours ago, euan2020 said:

Rangers I think will always attract attention, because they should be operating effectively with the fan base available, and the regular cash flow that arrives each year through turn styles of say 16M GBP.

Fortunately for the rest of us, rangers are being run by donkeys and are the gift that keeps giving - have seen Rangers fans referring to them as the "Banter Years"  - 

Agree mate, but fortunately for us, even though we are shite, we are the 3rd least shitest team in Scotland just now.  Hopefully we will soon be the 2nd least shitest team - live in hope.

23 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Agree mate, but fortunately for us, even though we are shite, we are the 3rd least shitest team in Scotland just now.  Hopefully we will soon be the 2nd least shitest team - live in hope.

I always like Huns just now(each and every single one of them) coming away with the “Scottish fitba’ is shite” line because they are no longer top dogs. :lol:

33 minutes ago, Ormond said:

I always like Huns just now(each and every single one of them) coming away with the “Scottish fitba’ is shite” line because they are no longer top dogs. :lol:

And Scottish clubs performances in Europe support which side of the argument? 

1 minute ago, Ormond said:

Aye, because that’s what the Huns are thinking right enough. :lol:

It was a serious question, hence no emojis. 

There's 2 ways to look at it. 

Scottish teams are performing badly in Europe as is the International team, which implies our national product is rubbish. 

Alternatively there's far more competition for the league, other than for 1st, than there has been which either implies the game is doing well (all the teams are better and competing) or its doing badly (they're all at the same shitey level). 

Personally I think the standard of football has declined over the last 20 years, quite considerably and I'm not judging this on either of the Old Firm, more on what I've seen of the other teams. 

If you disagree that's fair enough but I'd like to know why you think what you do. 

Obviously some teams will be markedly better such as ICT or Ross County but these are anomalies IMHO. 

25 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

It was a serious question, hence no emojis. 

There's 2 ways to look at it. 

Scottish teams are performing badly in Europe as is the International team, which implies our national product is rubbish. 

Alternatively there's far more competition for the league, other than for 1st, than there has been which either implies the game is doing well (all the teams are better and competing) or its doing badly (they're all at the same shitey level). 

Personally I think the standard of football has declined over the last 20 years, quite considerably and I'm not judging this on either of the Old Firm, more on what I've seen of the other teams. 

If you disagree that's fair enough but I'd like to know why you think what you do. 

Obviously some teams will be markedly better such as ICT or Ross County but these are anomalies IMHO. 

Renfrew, the reason that Huns keep going on about how shite our league is has bugger all to do with how we perform in Europe and everything to do with how Celtic keep winning. 

2 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

After the horsing from Falkirk at the weekend and losing our two key players I think United can kiss promotion good bye for another season. This seasons goal now is to avoid admin before Rangers

:)

Firstly, did you not get cash from Robertson going to Liverpool?

Secondly, fuck off - that performance cost me £94 :lol:

7 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Firstly, did you not get cash from Robertson going to Liverpool?

Secondly, fuck off - that performance cost me £94 :lol:

Firstly, any cash from the Robertson sale  will be used to pay off ‘any of the multiple ‘soft loans’, either that or sexual deviant Thompson will put it toward a condo on Bondai Beach. 😡

Secondly, YOU fuck off - serves you right . 😀😜

Edited by Jim Beem

3 hours ago, Ormond said:

Renfrew, the reason that Huns keep going on about how shite our league is has bugger all to do with how we perform in Europe and everything to do with how Celtic keep winning. 

I don't represent every Rangers supporter. My views are my own and I don't care about Celtic. If they didn't win it'd be fun but it's unlikely just now. 

I notice you haven't actually put up an argument, so can I assume you can't? 

13 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I don't represent every Rangers supporter. My views are my own and I don't care about Celtic. If they didn't win it'd be fun but it's unlikely just now. 

I notice you haven't actually put up an argument, so can I assume you can't? 

Well, of course our game isn’t as good as it was. There is no definitive gauge of what ‘shite’ is. Our game was obviously better decades ago. That much is true. But you never heard a single Rangers fan saying our game was shite when they were steamrollering through the titles in the 90’s. Funny that. :rolleyes:

Edited by Ormond