Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 427 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

55 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Had to look elsewhere for reading material when i went for a dump earlier.

I’m starting to think the inhabitants of Rangers Media are trolling.

There’s a thread on there about players wearing Rainbow laces. It’s frightening in the 21st century!

:shocked:

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/topic/311990-rangers-players-to-show-support-to-josh-windass-on-saturday/

I’m always genuinely shocked that it’s a public forum given the content.

(I do understand it’s not representative of the entire Rangers support and reasonable opinions get shouted down by the morons, but it is funny (is that the right word?))

Sorry but I couldn't read much of that thread. The quality of the English and appalling spelling were just too much. Every post was hopeless. 

I did find myself agreeing on one point though. Why? I have absolutely no issue with anyones sexuality but what has it to do with football? 

Also if we are doing things like this then why didn't we arrange something to coincide with the Pride march earlier in the year? At least then we'd have been topical. 

Just now, RenfrewBlue said:

Sorry but I couldn't read much of that thread. The quality of the English and appalling spelling were just too much. Every post was hopeless. 

I did find myself agreeing on one point though. Why? I have absolutely no issue with anyones sexuality but what has it to do with football? 

Also if we are doing things like this then why didn't we arrange something to coincide with the Pride march earlier in the year? At least then we'd have been topical. 

Because rampant homophobia in all areas of professional football has made it impossible for LBGT players to "come out", maybe? To try and make football less of a horrible and lonely place for gay players, maybe? To show knuckle draggers like those in that thread that their bigotry isn't wanted, nor acceptable, maybe?

Or we can just keep pretending that professional football is some incredible statistical anomaly and there really are almost zero gay players... After all, it's nothing to do with football.  

5 hours ago, Parklife said:

Because rampant homophobia in all areas of professional football has made it impossible for LBGT players to "come out", maybe? To try and make football less of a horrible and lonely place for gay players, maybe? To show knuckle draggers like those in that thread that their bigotry isn't wanted, nor acceptable, maybe?

Or we can just keep pretending that professional football is some incredible statistical anomaly and there really are almost zero gay players... After all, it's nothing to do with football.  

I get all of that Parky but Rainbow laces won't make a blind bit of difference, in my opinion. Especially if only worn for one game. 

Some proper support mechanisms in place might help and some serious effort being put into communication on a regular and consistent basis would be more worthwhile. 

12 hours ago, slasher said:

Dunno if rainbow laces will do any actual good but it can't hurt. I'll say one thing though, its high time we had some female officials in the game..........they cannae possibly be any worse than the men! 👍

They could be worse. They could be better. Probably a bit of both. Impossible to tell in advance. Chances are they'll get paid less.

Edited by Pool Q

14 hours ago, BlueGaz said:

Always genuinely shocked, so much you keep going back.  :lol:  You want to be shocked, probably when you run out of shite to post on here.  Gie that site a miss.  :ok:

What a bizarre post.

9 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I get all of that Parky but Rainbow laces won't make a blind bit of difference, in my opinion. Especially if only worn for one game. 

Some proper support mechanisms in place might help and some serious effort being put into communication on a regular and consistent basis would be more worthwhile. 

I don't think you do "get" it, otherwise you wouldn't have said "what's it got to do with football"? It's about changing a culture of homophobia and intolerance. It sounds pathetic to be saying this in 2017, but it's about showing people (both fans and those employed in football) that there's nothing "wrong" with being gay and that it doesn't make a blind bit of difference. 

Rainbow laces and open shows of support isn't the beginning and end of the solution, it can certainly be part of it though. 

12 hours ago, Parklife said:

I don't think you do "get" it, otherwise you wouldn't have said "what's it got to do with football"? It's about changing a culture of homophobia and intolerance. It sounds pathetic to be saying this in 2017, but it's about showing people (both fans and those employed in football) that there's nothing "wrong" with being gay and that it doesn't make a blind bit of difference. 

Rainbow laces and open shows of support isn't the beginning and end of the solution, it can certainly be part of it though.

No Parky, I understand completely. As I said if they're worn for one game then it's pointless. 

If you read the last paragraph of my previous post you'll see that my point is we need a comprehensive campaign, which is in effect agreeing with you. 

2 hours ago, euan2020 said:

I go on Rangers Media to follow their comments on McInnes, and they have a "Josh Windass on Saturday appreciation" type thread - maybe its just he one guy   

To be fair I never look at Rangers Media so if it’s on there I wouldn’t see it. 

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

Things hotting up for in Court of Session (Outer House) for David Cunnigham King.......

The Panel on Takeovers and Mergers appear to be getting their wish.  

Yep. Not sure it'll make any difference other than being an inconvenience. 

He has to offer to buy the shares at 20p each. I think they're currently worth a fair bit more than that. So unlikely to be many takers. 

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

He has to offer to buy the shares at 20p each. I think they're currently worth a fair bit more than that. So unlikely to be many takers. 

With all due respect RB they aren't though are they. I'm afraid a proper look under the bonnet and the shares are worth an awful lot less.

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

cost him money to make the offer will it not ? 

prospectus mailed to every sahreholder, and cost of mailing etc