Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 426 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

6 hours ago, Parklife said:

Wow. No wonder your old club died. 

I'm not underestimating the challenge ahead and we can't continue to make bad decisions in terms of management appointments and player purchases. The club can't survive of soft loans forever and I am hoping there is planning for a number of scenarios. It all depends of success on the pitch  and access to European TV monies and how future financing is sourced . But we are going to have profit and cash for commercial activities that was denied to us before. Secondly there is the prospect of a future share issue but there are a few hurdles to jump before we do this. 

There are a few other clubs in the league who have benefited from directors and benefactors giving soft loans in the past so we are not alone. 

Motherwell have used soft loans, but they were to get us standing on our own 2 feet and make us self sufficient.

I can’t see Rangers ever reaching that point, the champions league is a pipe dream, as that would require them to catch Celtic and then negotiate qualifying, neither of which seem likely in the foreseeable future. It’s far more likely Rangers will run the well dry and bankrupt themselves in a futile attempt to challenge Celtic.

Even the europa league group stages is a stretch. Rangers need to find a way of working with what they can generate.

53 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Motherwell have used soft loans, but they were to get us standing on our own 2 feet and make us self sufficient.

I can’t see Rangers ever reaching that point, the champions league is a pipe dream, as that would require them to catch Celtic and then negotiate qualifying, neither of which seem likely in the foreseeable future. It’s far more likely Rangers will run the well dry and bankrupt themselves in a futile attempt to challenge Celtic.

Even the europa league group stages is a stretch. Rangers need to find a way of working with what they can generate.

Agreed, we should not have any dependencies on revenue from European adventures. That should just be a bonus. Making more than 400k per year from merchandise and not having constant legal battles with Sports direct will help massively. Investing in a proper scouting network like we have just done should also help if it is run properly as it should mean buying players will be less of a gamble and hopefully we can find a few hidden gems. 

On 05/11/2017 at 10:25 AM, theweestevie said:

Investing in a proper scouting network like we have just done should also help if it is run properly as it should mean buying players will be less of a gamble and hopefully we can find a few hidden gems. 

Rangers haven’t the best record on development, while Motherwell and Celtic seem to have had relative success bringing in unknown players on free’s or cheaply, developing them and making some money, Rangers have signed established players and made them worse.

Perhaps the new scouting system and better coaching can turn that round, but that involves investment and patience, neither of which are guaranteed.

On ‎04‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 9:59 AM, EddardStark said:

Directors loans can't go on forever but it does illustrate the commitment of Park, King, Letham and Taylor to the club. Quite a chunk of the loans was to pay off the Sport Direct deal. The positives are ST revenue up significantly and also significant revenue to come from the commercial sales now we are released from the SD deal. We have had a number of one off costs such as Warburton's severance and also stadium refurbishment.  The major positive is we have no debt that is about to be called in and we can thank the board for that whilst we continue the recovery. 

One off costs such as sacking your manager every season?

On ‎05‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 10:25 AM, theweestevie said:

Agreed, we should not have any dependencies on revenue from European adventures. That should just be a bonus. Making more than 400k per year from merchandise and not having constant legal battles with Sports direct will help massively. Investing in a proper scouting network like we have just done should also help if it is run properly as it should mean buying players will be less of a gamble and hopefully we can find a few hidden gems. 

Did I just read proper Scouting System there? As in the one with John Brown?

They are struggling financially, there appears no mention that the pay off deal to their previous previous management team in their latest accounts (is this yet to be agreed?) yet they are speaking to McLaren who’ll cost a small fortune surely?

They aren’t learning are they? At the weekend we seen hundreds of their fans going mad about what wasn’t on Celtic’s shirt however it’s clear that it’s actually what is on the shirt that really agitates both them and the men who run the club.

Edited by macy37

9 hours ago, ShedTA said:

When is the lord bannatyne decision on the takeover tribunal? I think if it doesn't go kings way  things could get lively.

I'm across there on Friday - so I will ask the clerks specifically for you.

'lively' at the last published stage would be people taking a 9p hit per share.

19 hours ago, ShedTA said:

When is the lord bannatyne decision on the takeover tribunal? I think if it doesn't go kings way  things could get lively.

What I don't understand about the takeover ruling is that it ruled that Dave King was working with others and collectively they bought over the threshold where they had to offer to buy all of the shares. So why is Dave King solely responsible for buying up the remaining shares, surely if he was working with others then they should also be responsible? Feel like I am missing something obvious.

1 hour ago, theweestevie said:

What I don't understand about the takeover ruling is that it ruled that Dave King was working with others and collectively they bought over the threshold where they had to offer to buy all of the shares. So why is Dave King solely responsible for buying up the remaining shares, surely if he was working with others then they should also be responsible? Feel like I am missing something obvious.

Is he not just being pursued as the figurehead of the group?

2 hours ago, theweestevie said:

yeh I think as the majority share holder who droe the acquisition. not really sure but they went after him specifically.

11 hours ago, Stu101 said:

I'm across there on Friday - so I will ask the clerks specifically for you.

'lively' at the last published stage would be people taking a 9p hit per share.

True, but "lively" might also mean being unable to make the share offer and thus being cold shouldered. 

Had to look elsewhere for reading material when i went for a dump earlier.

I’m starting to think the inhabitants of Rangers Media are trolling.

There’s a thread on there about players wearing Rainbow laces. It’s frightening in the 21st century!

:shocked:

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/topic/311990-rangers-players-to-show-support-to-josh-windass-on-saturday/

I’m always genuinely shocked that it’s a public forum given the content.

(I do understand it’s not representative of the entire Rangers support and reasonable opinions get shouted down by the morons, but it is funny (is that the right word?))

Edited by sbcmfc

Guest BlueGaz
3 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Had to look elsewhere for reading material when i went for a dump earlier.

I’m starting to think the inhabitants of Rangers Media are trolling.

There’s a thread on there about players wearing Rainbow laces. It’s frightening in the 21st century!

:shocked:

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/topic/311990-rangers-players-to-show-support-to-josh-windass-on-saturday/

I’m always genuinely shocked that it’s a public forum given the content.

(I do understand it’s not representative of the Rangers support and reasonable opinions get shouted down by the morons, but it is funny (is that the right word?))

Always genuinely shocked, so much you keep going back.  :lol:  You want to be shocked, probably when you run out of shite to post on here.  Gie that site a miss.  :ok:

37 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Always genuinely shocked, so much you keep going back.  :lol:  You want to be shocked, probably when you run out of shite to post on here.  Gie that site a miss.  :ok:

Shocked that they make it public, not at the content.

:ok: