Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 404 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

so do some of the rangers fans on here not just think it might be better to lose the "tainted" titles achieved during the years of rampant EBT-ing just to allow closure of it all? its clear they are considered to have been won unfairly by all other supporters - so whats the difference really?

Then we could all focus together on the appalling role of the SFA and SPFL through all of this and resolve to cleanse the game throughout? just a thought...

Guest BlueGaz
16 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

so do some of the rangers fans on here not just think it might be better to lose the "tainted" titles achieved during the years of rampant EBT-ing just to allow closure of it all? its clear they are considered to have been won unfairly by all other supporters - so whats the difference really?

Then we could all focus together on the appalling role of the SFA and SPFL through all of this and resolve to cleanse the game throughout? just a thought...

Genuinely, I don't give a feck what happens to them.  What I am enjoying, successful or not, is other fans spending time, money and effort protesting.  

I don't think 'all other supporters' feelings are relevant.  Of course they want them stripped, even those who aren't particularly bothered will jump on the bandwagon.  To be expected.  My suggestion would be to audit every club, and every person that funds a club, as far as is possible, and if we were the only ones to gain an advantage, then it is what it is.  If anyone else has gained any advantage whatsoever, financially, at any stage that can be audited, then the same should happen.  Not going to happen though.

Personally, I don't think they will be stripped, but if wrong, not bothered one iota.  Far worse for me was starting in Div 2, warranted, and accepted, but far worse than having historic statistics changed.

I am far more concerned about the immediate and short-term future. :ok:

Edited by BlueGaz

1 hour ago, ShedTA said:

Ahem, if I may.....

"No one likes us, we don't care..." :wink2:

1 hour ago, BlueGaz said:

Genuinely, I don't give a feck what happens to them.  What I am enjoying, successful or not, is other fans spending time, money and effort protesting.  

I don't think 'all other supporters' feelings are relevant.  Of course they want them stripped, even those who aren't particularly bothered will jump on the bandwagon.  To be expected.  My suggestion would be to audit every club, and every person that funds a club, as far as is possible, and if we were the only ones to gain an advantage, then it is what it is.  If anyone else has gained any advantage whatsoever, financially, at any stage that can be audited, then the same should happen.  Not going to happen though.

Personally, I don't think they will be stripped, but if wrong, not bothered one iota.  Far worse for me was starting in Div 2, warranted, and accepted, but far worse than having historic statistics changed.

I am far more concerned about the immediate and short-term future. :ok:

You "started" in Division 3.

Guest BlueGaz
3 minutes ago, SteveMcD said:

You "started" in Division 3.

Was just trying to be up to date and not dwell in the past.  :ok:

17 hours ago, slasher said:

Funding secured for a 'strip the titles' banner at all grounds apparently. I wonder if the SPFL/SFA will come over all UEFA and declare them illicit. ?

Who cares? The SFA have made their decision based on their rules and had it checked legally on more than one occasion. It will change nothing.

Pointless waste of money. Why not donate it to a worthwhile charity instead. 

16 hours ago, ShedTA said:

Of course fans of other clubs want the titles stripped. I'm sure they'd happily also have Rangers expelled permanently from the league too. They're not really any use as arbiters though. 

It would however set a precedent that could be applied further, maybe. 

Like all the trophies won by Aberdeen under SAF and his under the counter envelopes of cash. I have been told this was the real reason for him leaving St Mirren. That would need investigated properly, surely? 

Or the Scottish Cup that Celtic won from a goal partially created by Roy Aitken taking a Rangers throw in? That would need replayed for a start. 

Players deliberately cheat during every single game and most folk are happy with that, when it's their team. And scream blue murder when it's somebody else. 

4 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Who cares? The SFA have made their decision based on their rules and had it checked legally on more than one occasion. It will change nothing.

Pointless waste of money. Why not donate it to a worthwhile charity instead. 

Quite a lot of people obviously do care. They're called football fans ? This isn't going to go away until it is properly dealt with. Personally I'm not bothered about title stripping but the cheating should be recorded in some way.

5 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Of course fans of other clubs want the titles stripped. I'm sure they'd happily also have Rangers expelled permanently from the league too. They're not really any use as arbiters though. 

Like all the trophies won by Aberdeen under SAF and his under the counter envelopes of cash. I have been told this was the real reason for him leaving St Mirren. That would need investigated properly, surely? 

Or the Scottish Cup that Celtic won from a goal partially created by Roy Aitken taking a Rangers throw in? That would need replayed for a start. 

Players deliberately cheat during every single game and most folk are happy with that, when it's their team. And scream blue murder when it's somebody else. 

Or king illegally procuring the Charlotte fakes tapes and releasing them to drive down the share price prior to his takeover? 

Yep investigate it all I say.

7 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Jaywalking v crimes against humanity.

4 hours ago, macy37 said:

Sheep fans happy with their Man Milne?

The headline doesn't match the content of the article.

4 hours ago, SteveMcD said:

Numerous players were incorrectly registered (deliberately). For that reason alone, all the trophys won under such circumstances should be removed.

Correct.

6 hours ago, macy37 said:

Sheep fans happy with their Man Milne?

If you were cheering them on this week this is what you were supporting folks. Shitbags.

36 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

I'm not gonna lie. 

I simply don't care what happens, strip them, keep them, it won't make the slightest bit of difference. 

Neither Stewart Milne nor the Dons Supporters Trust speaks for me. 

43 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

I'm not gonna lie. 

I simply don't care what happens, strip them, keep them, it won't make the slightest bit of difference. 

Most folk like to see justice done (otherwise what's to stop a repeating of the crime?)

27 minutes ago, phart said:

Just void the titles. Like they did with le Tour and what they are doing with athletic world records etc.

I could live with that.

Genuine question here. After all, fans and clubs can't have it all their own way. 

The 5 way agreement was signed and agreed by each club and the SFA/SPL.

If they renege on the 5 way agreement, then who funds the financial exposure from the SPL/SFA for;

1. Transfer fees withheld (Davis and Edu, along with development fee's for McCabe and Ness)

2. SPL Prize money held back from the Oldco 

3. Scottish Cup money held back from the Oldco 

In addition.  The 5 way agreement originally offered title stripping in exchange for continuing SPL membership. Do they then reimburse Rangers for 4 years of potential lost revenue from the top tier?

Wasn't the 5 Way Agreement done in secret, though?

I don't trust any of them...

(1) THE SCOTTISH FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION LIMITED

(2) THE SCOTTISH PREMIER LEAGUE LIMITED

(3) THE SCOTTISH FOOTBALL LEAGUE

(4) THE RANGERS FOOTBALL CLUB PLC (IN ADMINISTRATION) :wtf:

(5) SEVCO SCOTLAND LIMITED :wtf:

(Wow! How did that cabal manage to get things to swing in the huns favour?)

9 hours ago, slasher said:

Quite a lot of people obviously do care. They're called football fans ? This isn't going to go away until it is properly dealt with. Personally I'm not bothered about title stripping but the cheating should be recorded in some way.

That's the problem. Under the SFA rules at the time it doesn't count as cheating.