To Those Who Dislike The Points System; It Could Be A Lot Worse! - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

To Those Who Dislike The Points System; It Could Be A Lot Worse!

WillfaeSwindon

Of the tickets confirmed to date [3,209], 1,700 went to supporters’ clubs, Season Ticket holders, Club Ireland members and known away supporters. 700 went to clubs and leagues. The fulfilment of contractual obligations also meant that there were fewer tickets available to the Association to distribute directly for this match - 481 went to Abbey Travel for supporters’ travel packages as per contract (15% of allocation) as official travel partner of the Association, and 128 went to sponsors. The remaining 200 tickets are divided between players, backroom team, FAI staff and team management.

If it ain't broke don't fix it. For any fans wanting to get on the points ladder, travel to friendlies and build your points up.

We all had to start on nil points. :ok:

They don't even have to go to friendlies now. anyone who wanted a ticket for about 13 of the last 15 games have got one

If it ain't broke don't fix it. For any fans wanting to get on the points ladder, travel to friendlies and build your points up.

We all had to start on nil points. :ok:

Hallelujah some bloody sense on this board at last!

All start at the same position, rewards for those who go - easy! :wave:

I've always said the only major flaw in our points system is the double award of 'winning' a ticket in the ballot. It's not been needed much recently but I think it can be a bit unfair.

They dont do ballots anymore but your point still stands.

I've always said the only major flaw in our points system is the double award of 'winning' a ticket in the ballot. It's not been needed much recently but I think it can be a bit unfair.

Agreed.

I lost out in Macedonia ballot in 2008 on 4 points. And also lost out on point whist those that were successful got ticket and extra point despite us entering ballot on same points.

Thankfully only time I've had to go in home end in about 35 aways.

No? Is it first come, first serve?

The one thing I don't like about the system.

You have to be at a computer at a certain time.

Also as it goes through the point levels it takes days/weeks to allocate all tickets. Under the old ballot system it was done in a day and didn't involve being a computer at set time, the frustration of the system crashing and the need for any apology due to unpreeeeecedented demand!