On 1/16/2018 at 6:55 PM, TDYER63 said:

If we are going down memory lane then Life On Mars is a must., at least  for anyone over 40.

One of my favourite shows when it aired. I even bought it on DVD. Despite being well below 40 ;) 

7 hours ago, Parklife said:

One of my favourite shows when it aired. I even bought it on DVD. Despite being well below 40 ;) 

😊 good to know its as popular with the ‘youngsters’ , I wasnt sure if it was the nostalgia of the 70’s that made it so enjoyable. 

31 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

😊 good to know its as popular with the ‘youngsters’ , I wasnt sure if it was the nostalgia of the 70’s that made it so enjoyable. 

Ashes to Ashes wasn't as good, right enough. 

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

Ashes to Ashes wasn't as good, right enough. 

I agree. I actually watched Ashes to Ashes  first, I had missed Life on Mars when it was on TV and had nothing like ‘catch up ‘ to watch it on. So I had to try and work out what had happened in Life On Mars from the wee flash backs on Ashes to Ashes, which was a bit taxing for my wee brain 🙄

Life on Mars must have then been repeated or something , and all the bits then fell into place. Not an ideal order to watch it in right enough, but it least I  wasnt left with the sequel being a disappointment ...

John Simm is brilliant, I think that is one of the reasons I preferred Life on Mars, though Daniel Mays who is in Ashes to Ashes was excellent too.