Series Worth Watching - Page 5 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Series Worth Watching

Underbelly?

Underbelly was decent for about the first 5 episodes,when they stuck to pretty much the factual story.

They then got carried away and turned it into a rambling 25 episode series, which lost its thread pretty quickly.

Btw, I've caught up on 'Fortitude' and it's become quite enjoyable. The trick is to get past the feature length (2 hours) opening episode that doesn't always seem very joined up.

Just finished season 1 of The Following. Pretty decent - first half was excellent with some shit-yer-breeks moments. But overall, storyline started tending toward farcical levels not seen since Homeland and 24. Decen enough though.

Homeland Season 1 is good, 2 and 3 are pish. 4 is utterly utterly brilliant. I couldn't believe how good it was following on from the bollocks in 2 & 3. First few episodes are a bit slow but worth going through for the rest.

The only way to watch boxsets these days is to absolute nail them as soon as you get them. Cannae beat a boxset that has you gripped and being unable to resist one last episode at 2am on a Tuesday morning.

I remember I used to watched Lost one episode per week and it f***ing ruined me. Used to throw stuff at TV when the inevitable credits came and you knew you should give up on it, but it had you by the short and curlies. These days, you binge and if you don't like, you bail out. Beyond me why anyone would spin a series out.

The only way to watch boxsets these days is to absolute nail them as soon as you get them. Cannae beat a boxset that has you gripped and being unable to resist one last episode at 2am on a Tuesday morning.

I remember I used to watched Lost one episode per week and it f***ing ruined me. Used to throw stuff at TV when the inevitable credits came and you knew you should give up on it, but it had you by the short and curlies. These days, you binge and if you don't like, you bail out. Beyond me why anyone would spin a series out.

Totally agree. I lose all interest watching it week by week. Loved breaking bad and walking dead when I watched them back to back on box sets but when I caught up I could take or leave the episodes...

Another in the gomarrah camp here. Now here is one series I watched week to week and still was gripped and couldn't wait for the next one. The only thing I've ever watched on the box which has compelled me so much. It's brilliant viewing.

I've heard romanzo criminale is similarly brilliant but only have series 2 ready to watch and the links I have online ain't great for series 1....

Edited by flynnyboy

Instant gratification isn't always the answer. A slow build up, patience, resisting temptation to do too much too early will be very satisfying in the end.

Doing that with ER just now - loved it when it first came out and now on season 13 of 17 - you're right, it's hard to resist 'one last episode' no matter what the time :lol:

I mentioned earlier that I'd recently started on 24, 13 years after everyone else.

Really enjoyed the 1st series.

Not long started on 2nd, and it's still quite good, but I'm starting to think it will get a bit predicatable and boring/annoying.

So the question is, should I stick with it? And is their a point where it gets shit?