Series Worth Watching - Page 20 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Series Worth Watching

2 hours ago, Bobster said:

I enjoyed it in the end. Not watched series 4 yet because episode 1 isn’t available for some reason?

Won’t give anything away for those that haven’t seen it but I think yes to your question.

Agree that series 3 did pick up as it went on and ultimately I suppose it had to go in a different direction to the first two.

Series 4 is already dropping off of iPlayer I'm afraid as it was only on for the standard 30 days, unlike the older series.

7 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Watched the first episode of The Staircase last night.  Guilty.  Probably not much point in watching the rest of it......

Think Im up to episode 8 now, and its not been worth it, not going to bother finishing the last few episodes.

It has just confirmed that America is a fucked up place, with very strange people.

9 hours ago, Bobster said:

Won’t give anything away for those that haven’t seen it 

Good idea ! 

8 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

The loss of Martin did have an affect. He was another good charcter, especially as part of a duo with the bonkers blonde. 

Oh well........🙂

5 hours ago, kumnio said:

Think Im up to episode 8 now, and its not been worth it, not going to bother finishing the last few episodes.

It has just confirmed that America is a fucked up place, with very strange people.

There was a podcast series about this case not too long ago.

On 6/2/2018 at 7:41 AM, Stapes said:

Quite enjoying Cobra Kai, the follow up to Karate Kid. It doesn't have much of a budget and in places the script feels like it was written by Joey Tribianni. But I'm still looking forward to episodes. 

Cobra Kai is fantastic and what I really like about it, and contrary to your opinion, is that it is really well written and not relying on any lazy cliches. It is laugh out loud funny at some points and plays the nods to the original films really well and with subtlety. The fact that Johnny is now the (anti) hero and Daniel is a bit of a dick seems about right.......

On 6/19/2018 at 9:03 AM, Return of Yermaw said:

Cobra Kai is fantastic and what I really like about it, and contrary to your opinion, is that it is really well written and not relying on any lazy cliches. It is laugh out loud funny at some points and plays the nods to the original films really well and with subtlety. The fact that Johnny is now the (anti) hero and Daniel is a bit of a dick seems about right.......

To be fair, I probably worded that badly. I think by and large the writing has been good. The thing that had me cringing was when he was driving his car at night in the first episode and a couple of other little things. Since then, no complaints. 

I've watched the first series of Cobra Kai in one sitting, It was miles better than I thought it would be. I found some of the bits really funny actually laughed and went back and re-watched it, not sure how much nostalgia is clouding my brain.

It's also the first series i've watched since LOST finished.

2 minutes ago, phart said:

I've watched the first series of Cobra Kai in one sitting, It was miles better than I thought it would be. I found some of the bits really funny actually laughed and went back and re-watched it, not sure how much nostalgia is clouding my brain.

What are you getting it on? I’ve searched and it’s not showing yet on various channels.

13 minutes ago, phart said:

youtube red for the first 2 episodes, a "friend" got me the other 8

I’ve just added Youtube TV which gives me all the episodes and a pile of local channels free until July 29th. Then it’s $40 a month after that.

11 minutes ago, Ormond said:

I’ve just added Youtube TV which gives me all the episodes and a pile of local channels free until July 29th. Then it’s $40 a month after that.

well mind and cancel it, i'll not be liable for that 40 nicker sir!!!

Now Wax on wax off :P

51 minutes ago, phart said:

agreed. It could have been oh so bad and the fact I really liked it made me think that this was down to the low bar I had set for it. But on re-watching, I cam confirm it really is very enjoyable and cleverly done. 

7 minutes ago, Return of Yermaw said:

agreed. It could have been oh so bad and the fact I really liked it made me think that this was down to the low bar I had set for it. But on re-watching, I cam confirm it really is very enjoyable and cleverly done. 

The ending is a great cliff-hanger as well, do you know when series 2 is out?

Forgot i had google there.

On May 10, 2018, it was announced that the series had been renewed for a second season of ten episodes that is set to premiere in 2019.[1]

Edited by phart

8 minutes ago, Return of Yermaw said:

The best thing is Johnny being a carpenter, as I know a guy who everyone says is the spitting of him (met him at uni he is american) his whole childhood he was getting Cobra Kai jokes. Now they reboot the series he is still the spitting image of the actor and they both have the same job now.

24 minutes ago, phart said:

well mind and cancel it, i'll not be liable for that 40 nicker sir!!!

Now Wax on wax off :P

Just finished the first episode. It’s outstandingly well done. The deliberate humour stops it from being cheesy. 

Cobra Kai never dies! 🐍👍🏻

On 6/19/2018 at 9:26 AM, slasher said:

Ackley Bridge currently on C4 is surprisingly good. New episode tonight and the rest available on catch up. 👍

Watched the 1st series on the flights for Peru & Mexico ,fair enjoyed it.Going to binge watch the 2nd when it’s finished

On 6/16/2018 at 6:01 PM, kumnio said:

Only 3 episodes in, completely agree with the above, everyone seems very dodgy.

So far I’m saying guilty. 

The DA lad reminds me of you without the Dundonian accent. He has the same haircut, the lot. 😄

Anyway, I’m one episode away from finishing. Scottish law got a mention on The last episode. 👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

I'm now in episode 3 of The Staircase.  How annoying is the ex wife that lives in Germany?!  I don't know if he's guilty or not yet but surely if he was going to bounce anyone down the stairs it would have been her!!!

24 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I'm now in episode 3 of The Staircase.  How annoying is the ex wife that lives in Germany?!  I don't know if he's guilty or not yet but surely if he was going to bounce anyone down the stairs it would have been her!!!

The well spoken bampot with the huge specs? Aye, what a cunt she is. It’s like the boot thinks she’s in a constant Shakespearian play!