Series Worth Watching - Page 19 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Series Worth Watching

4 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

I am open to anything that might snare me Jamie from Outlander. Though I am pretty sure a young blonde Swede will have more success with the technique than a 54 yr old ginger from Paisley 🙁

😂 keep watching and get back to me . 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Agree about Evil Genius. Initially thought it was a drama about the event and was disappointed to find out it was a doc, but enjoyed it. 

Quite enjoying Cobra Kai, the follow up to Karate Kid. It doesn't have much of a budget and in places the script feels like it was written by Joey Tribianni. But I'm still looking forward to episodes. 

On 5/12/2018 at 1:42 AM, Jim Beem said:

😂 keep watching and get back to me . 

Well,  I admire her style. I think I will nip out and pick up a pair of fake leather trousers from Primark and see how I get on. Not too sure how well it will go down in the Bull Inn in Paisley , but it should at least take the focus off Jack Ross for a night. 

I am half way through series 2 now and have gotten used to her, she is actually very funny at times. 

On 6/2/2018 at 5:05 PM, TDYER63 said:

Well,  I admire her style. I think I will nip out and pick up a pair of fake leather trousers from Primark and see how I get on. Not too sure how well it will go down in the Bull Inn in Paisley , but it should at least take the focus off Jack Ross for a night. 

I am half way through series 2 now and have gotten used to her, she is actually very funny at times. 

😂 Certainly a different character from the run of the mill TV cop. Really enjoy it and yeah, few laugh out loud moments. . 

On 6/2/2018 at 5:05 PM, TDYER63 said:

Really enjoyed series 1 and 2 but I’m half way through 3 and I’m struggling with it. It’s changed.

Won’t spoil it for you but will be interested to see what you think.

15 hours ago, Bobster said:

Really enjoyed series 1 and 2 but I’m half way through 3 and I’m struggling with it. It’s changed.

👍

I need to get through series 2-3  quick as I am running out of time on iplayer.

My TV viewing time is limited due to the 6 episodes of Coronation St I watch each week but it has turned into a complete pantomime so am now thinking of binning it after more than 40 years watching it 😥

On 5/25/2018 at 7:37 AM, Jersey Jim said:

Just watched Evil Genius on Netflix, only 4 episodes, similar documentary format to making a murderer. Great viewing 

I pretty much binged on that, very good. 

That was one deranged bint if ever there was one 😂

On the subject of Evil Genuis and Making a Murderer on Netflix, I have now started on Staircase which is along the same lines.

Again, really good viewing and some strangely batshit weird characters.  Find myself not trusting pretty much anyone. The accused, the Police and the DA all seem extremely untrustworthy 😂 

Yet again, I’m left thinking fuck getting charged with anything in America.  😧

1 hour ago, Jim Beem said:

On the subject of Evil Genuis and Making a Murderer on Netflix, I have now started on Staircase which is along the same lines.

Again, really good viewing and some strangely batshit weird characters.  Find myself not trusting pretty much anyone. The accused, the Police and the DA all seem extremely untrustworthy 😂 

Yet again, I’m left thinking fuck getting charged with anything in America.  😧

What is this "Staircase" of which you speak?

18 hours ago, slasher said:

Dunno if anyone has mentioned Madmen yet? Apologies if so. It's definitely up there with the Sopranos and Sons of Anarchy for me although completely different 👍

I could not get into Mad Men at all. Watched the first series but just didnt have the interest to continue. I really enjoyed Sopranos and Sons of Anarchy, though took me a few episodes to get into the latter.

I really like Elisabeth Moss though, I thought she was very good in Mad Men and brilliant in the Handmaids Tale. Think she is involved in the producing of Hand maids Tale too . 

On 6/10/2018 at 7:04 PM, Bobster said:

On episode 4 of series 3, think I know what you mean. I am still enjoying it but dynamics have changed, perhaps not for the better. Mr Tdyer isnt  enjoying it as much.

Out of interest,  would you have done the same as Saga if you were in that position ? 

11 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

On episode 4 of series 3, think I know what you mean. I am still enjoying it but dynamics have changed, perhaps not for the better. Mr Tdyer isnt  enjoying it as much.

Out of interest,  would you have done the same as Saga if you were in that position ? 

I enjoyed it in the end. Not watched series 4 yet because episode 1 isn’t available for some reason?

Won’t give anything away for those that haven’t seen it but I think yes to your question.

13 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

The loss of Martin did have an affect. He was another good charcter, especially as part of a duo with the bonkers blonde. 

On 6/17/2018 at 12:01 AM, kumnio said:

Only 3 episodes in, completely agree with the above, everyone seems very dodgy.

So far I’m saying guilty. 

Something extremely weird about the whole family in my opinion. That said, the DA and the Polis are clearly a showerof shite  bags. The DA lad actually looks and comes across as thick as fuck. Astonishing country😂