Series Worth Watching - Page 17 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Series Worth Watching

On 1/16/2018 at 6:55 PM, TDYER63 said:

If we are going down memory lane then Life On Mars is a must., at least  for anyone over 40.

One of my favourite shows when it aired. I even bought it on DVD. Despite being well below 40 ;) 

7 hours ago, Parklife said:

One of my favourite shows when it aired. I even bought it on DVD. Despite being well below 40 ;) 

😊 good to know its as popular with the ‘youngsters’ , I wasnt sure if it was the nostalgia of the 70’s that made it so enjoyable. 

31 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

😊 good to know its as popular with the ‘youngsters’ , I wasnt sure if it was the nostalgia of the 70’s that made it so enjoyable. 

Ashes to Ashes wasn't as good, right enough. 

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

Ashes to Ashes wasn't as good, right enough. 

I agree. I actually watched Ashes to Ashes  first, I had missed Life on Mars when it was on TV and had nothing like ‘catch up ‘ to watch it on. So I had to try and work out what had happened in Life On Mars from the wee flash backs on Ashes to Ashes, which was a bit taxing for my wee brain 🙄

Life on Mars must have then been repeated or something , and all the bits then fell into place. Not an ideal order to watch it in right enough, but it least I  wasnt left with the sequel being a disappointment ...

John Simm is brilliant, I think that is one of the reasons I preferred Life on Mars, though Daniel Mays who is in Ashes to Ashes was excellent too. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Started watching the recent 3 part TV series ‘Trauma’ the other night. Got to the the end of the first episode and tried to find the second , only to realise I  had just watched the final episode  !!!

Wtf , how could I have watched the  last episode in the series without realising I hadnt watched the first 2 . I  was quite enjoying it as well 🙁  

On 1/16/2018 at 3:43 PM, Ormond said:

I cannae watch The Bill now. When I was wee The Bill would come on the tele and it must’ve been secret code for my Maw and Dad tae gang upstair tae get randy. I used to think they were just practicing wrestling moves tae. :huh:

Fair play to your auld man, it was on 5 times a week!! 

• 1 month later...

Not one to watch (rather listen to), but West Cork on Audible is excellent.

'This much we do know: Sophie Toscan du Plantier was murdered days before Christmas in 1996, her broken body discovered at the edge of her property near the town of Schull in West Cork, Ireland. The rest remains a mystery.

Gripping, yet ever elusive, join the real-life hunt for answers in the year's first not-to-be-missed, true-crime series. Investigative journalist Sam Bungey and documentarian Jennifer Forde guide listeners through the brutal, unsolved murder and the tangled web of its investigation, while introducing an intricate cast of characters, a provocative prime suspect, and a recovering community whose story begs to be heard.'

Alienist. Superb viewing. Daniel Bruhl is outstanding. 

I’m halfway through the Terror just now. About the ill-fated Royal Navy expedition to find a passage through the Arctic in the mid-1800s. It’s pretty good too.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/27/2018 at 12:57 AM, SMcoolJ said:

Realise this is rather dated now, but we've just finished watching Broadchurch.  Really enjoyed it.

Season one was good.

Season two was ridiculously bad at times, especially the second story line about the sandbrook murders. 

Season 3 was alright.

8 hours ago, dan cake said:

avoid the city and the city at all costs

what a load of dull and boring utter drivel

sci fi is sh.ite

As is The Crossing.

Couldnt get further than 2 episodes ,  the overuse of sci fi music and constant snapping off of scenes for dramatic effect made it particularly annoying. 

7 hours ago, Dave78 said:

Been watching series 2 of The Handmaid's Tale. Called the wife 'Ofdave' earlier tonight and got an elbow in the ribs for some reason.

Where is it being shown? I seen a trailer a week or so ago but no date was on it, just ‘coming soon’. 

2 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Where is it being shown? I seen a trailer a week or so ago but no date was on it, just ‘coming soon’. 

Terrarium TV on your Kodi box. https://terrarium-tv.en.uptodown.com/android

If you don't have a kodi box, then i suppose you'll have to wait till it arrives on regular TV.