Series Worth Watching - Page 16 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Series Worth Watching

16 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Game of thrones or outlander? ;)

I watched the first season of GOT. Enjoyed it a little. Attempted the second season and got bored. She fucking loves it though. Creams herself when a new episode is due. :rolleyes:

On ‎12‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 8:59 AM, glasgow jock said:

Just watched "Feud" - basically the true (ish) story of the rivalry & bitterness between Joan Crawford & Bette Davis - found it a great watch, absolutely superb & would highly recommend it, it also focuses on there behaviour during the filming of "Whatever Happened To Baby Jane" (an iconic movie in it's own right".

Great acting in "Feud" by Susan Sarandon & Jessica Lange - this has also prompted me to look at some old Bette Davis movies, that woman could act all right - she must be in the top 5 female actresses of all time.

Yeah done something similar, taped All about Eve ( Davis)  and Mildred Pierce ( Crawford) over xmas and watched them - enjoyed both

Cracking line form Davis about Crawford re sleeping with all the male  stars at MGM apart from Lassie

On 12/01/2018 at 4:45 PM, hampden_loon2878 said:

I didn’t like the first few episodes however it really does grow on you, well it did on me. 

I am watching it at the moment and I agree. It was a bit cringy to start with,  and the acting swings from awful to brilliant( the male rape  scene and the baby loss were as good as anything I have seen in any top drama) but it does grow on you. 

That said, I am currently on the series when they are in France and cannot take it serious as every time I see Bonnie Prince Charlie all I see is Leigh Griffiths .

https://www.google.co.uk/search?source=hp&ei=2XVbWsbUEeSZgAbX-4TIAw&q=bonnie+prince+charlie+outlander&oq=bonnie+prince+charlie+outlander&gs_l=mobile-gws-hp.1.0.0l2j0i22i30k1l3.48051.77715.0.78597.42.37.5.4.4.0.255.4364.10j24j2.37.0....0...1c.1.64.mobile-gws-hp..0.42.4279.3..5j41j0i131k1j0i131i46k1j46i131k1j0i10k1j0i10i46k1.244.tOXRlc19iQw#imgrc=qzvqVPVC0q5ngM:

On 1/12/2018 at 9:51 AM, SMcoolJ said:

Been struggling to find something decent recently.  We've watched quite a few things over the last couple of years. Apologies for long list!

Tin Star - I thought it was decidedly average with a particularly sh1t ending

The Blacklist - started well but got very tedious and predictable

Ray Donavon - Watched the first 3 seasons and thought it was ok, then Sky pulled it!

The Keepers - not exactly uplifting, hard to watch at times but very interesting

Making a Murder - thought it was fantastic

The Jinx - poor cousin of the above

The Goodwife - dull as. My good lady liked it but i stopped watching

The US version of The Office - brilliant

Game of Thrones - brilliant

House of Cards - Started brilliantly but became too get silly near the end

Homeland - Started very well, second season was absolutely dire then became very decent again

Narcos - brilliant

Peaky Blinders - brilliant

Dr Foster - have to confess to loving it, the second series was just stupid in places though

Parks and Recreation - i'm watching currently and find it rather amusing.

Fortitude - enjoyable but dark

Watched first episode of Hard Sun last week - meh.

Going to start watching McMafia, apparently it's very good?

Forgot about Stranger Things - I really enjoyed it.

Watched Big Little Lies at the weekend (there's only 7 episodes).  Have to say that it was thoroughly enjoyable.

On 1/12/2018 at 3:51 AM, SMcoolJ said:

Been struggling to find something decent recently.  We've watched quite a few things over the last couple of years. Apologies for long list!

Tin Star - I thought it was decidedly average with a particularly sh1t ending

Just completed Tin Star. 

First half of the season was good. Second half(especially the last two episodes) were appallingly bad. Some of that acting was laughable. If it hadn’t had the usual brilliance of Tim Roth then there’s no way I’d have sat through it. 

13 hours ago, Ormond said:

Just completed Tin Star. 

First half of the season was good. Second half(especially the last two episodes) were appallingly bad. Some of that acting was laughable. If it hadn’t had the usual brilliance of Tim Roth then there’s no way I’d have sat through it. 

Aye, I think that about sums it up perfectly....

1 minute ago, DoonTheSlope said:

A few weeks back I started taping the bill on uk gold in the mornings. It's absolutely class, I forgot how good it was

I cannae watch The Bill now. When I was wee The Bill would come on the tele and it must’ve been secret code for my Maw and Dad tae gang upstair tae get randy. I used to think they were just practicing wrestling moves tae. :huh:

14 minutes ago, Ormond said:

I cannae watch The Bill now. When I was wee The Bill would come on the tele and it must’ve been secret code for my Maw and Dad tae gang upstair tae get randy. I used to think they were just practicing wrestling moves tae. :huh:

I'd love to have practised wrestling moves with WPC Vikki Haggan