Stuart Pearce - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

No sympathy for Pearce but if I was the Chairman of Dundee United or Aberdeen I might get a wee bit anxious when the phone rings.

Why any club would appoint Pearce is beyond me. He was similar to stark in that he was a joke figure during his time with the u21s and assist man at england. His problem is simple. He is a man of extremely limited intelligence. Promoted to positions outwith his ability levels.

In all honestly I think Mcinnes and McNamara both have their eyes on bigger jobs, or jobs for clubs not ran atrociously.

Is the championship not something like the 4th biggest league in Europe in terms of attendances and money?

Not necessarily 4th best, but there are a lot of genuine sleeping Giants in the championship, Leeds, Nottingham forrest etc, that are nearer to Celtic than they are to the rest of the SPFL.

Great player for club and country

Mediocre manager

Horrible personality

That about right ?

I've read a few times now that he's supposed to have said something that was a bit close to the bone before a Scotland vs. England game in the early/mid nineties which really inflamed opinion up here. What exactly did he say ?

Great player for club and country

Mediocre manager

Horrible personality

That about right ?

I've read a few times now that he's supposed to have said something that was a bit close to the bone before a Scotland vs. England game in the early/mid nineties which really inflamed opinion up here. What exactly did he say ?

Good summary. And a shitebag as well contrary to his "physco" mantra.

Used to watch forest in the last few seasons of the clough era.Pearce was a fantastic defender and captain.soon changed my opinion of him.absolute cock of a man.