Sfa Marketing E-Mails And Texts - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Sfa Marketing E-Mails And Texts

Barney Rubble

Received a text this morning screaming LAST CHANCE to purchase the Euro season ticket, following on from a similar e-mail received yesterday, Sending marketing texts is a clear abuse of members' phone details, which should only be used by the SFA in the event of emergency.

These constant marketing messages have long gone beyond what is acceptable. Signing up for the club should not give the SFA permission to spam members with messages for product other the ticket information for home and away fixtures. Anything beyond that is an unwanted intrusion.

At the very minimum, members should be given the opportunity to opt out of non-match related e-mails. At present if you opt out of receiving e-mails, you do not receive e-mails about home and away ticket sales which is the reason for giving them access in the first place.

Could someone at ATAC please ask the SFA to give members the option of blocking marketing messages, and to not abuse members phone details for marketing purposes at any time.

Rant over.

And another one this morning..................

UNDER 2 HOURS LEFT to buy Four Match Package

The sale for the Four Match package ends at 12 noon today. The package includes all three of Scotland’s remaining home European Qualifiers against Germany, Poland and Gibraltar. Plus, as a thank you for your support, you'll also receive a FREE ticket for Scotland's return to Hampden, as we take on Northern Ireland on Wednesday 25 March.

Adult packages start at just £90 and kids packages are just £45.

• 2 weeks later...

Agree with the original post. I might have missed the free NI game tickets if my friend hadn't still being reading the spam. Makes me dislike the SFA as an organisation and wonder how much of my ticket price is going on unnecessary marketing. You shouldn't have to market scotland games... just give tickets free to kids and the odd time the offer a real promotion.

ffs yet another marketing txt this morning to remind me ssc sale tickets for NI game ends on tuesday

f*ck off with your txt messages[/

Update your profile as to what updates etc. you want to be informed about. Takes less time than moaning on here.

Edited by SteveMcD

Update your profile as to what updates etc. you want to be informed about. Takes less time than moaning on here.

The SFA does not offer SSC members that option at present. If you only want to be informed about tickets sales, you have to suffer the whole 'marketing experience'. This is a weakness of the system.

The 'Privacy Policy' states:

Use Of Your Information

We use your information:

• to enable us to supply you with the services and information which you have requested;
  • to analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support and improve and develop our business and the services we offer;
  • to contact you in order to send you details of our goods and services which may be of interest to you;
  • to provide you with access to certain parts of our Site;
  • for all other purposes consistent with the proper performance of our operations and business; and
  • to contact you for your views on our products and services.

We may contact you by post, telephone or fax, SMS, as well as by e-mail. If you change your mind about being contacted in the future by any of these means then please let us know.

The SFA does not offer SSC members that option at present. If you only want to be informed about tickets sales, you have to suffer the whole 'marketing experience'. This is a weakness of the system.

Yep. I opted out because of the amount of stuff that I was getting that was of no interest to me. My choice.

But I now have to rely on places like this for important information.

ffs yet another marketing txt this morning to remind me ssc sale tickets for NI game ends on tuesday

f*ck off with your txt messages[/

Barney had you tell

get your facts right instead of trying to be condescending twat