Pubs In Edinburgh - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Pubs In Edinburgh

Can anyone recommend a pub in central Edinburgh that's near a bookies and shows the racing on a Saturday?

I couldn't say for certain but I'd imagine Scotts at the bottom end of Rose Street would show the racing if you asked them. There's a Ladbrokes about 2 minutes further up Rose Street from there.

I couldn't say for certain but I'd imagine Scotts at the bottom end of Rose Street would show the racing if you asked them. There's a Ladbrokes about 2 minutes further up Rose Street from there.

That's the problem I know lots of pubs that are near bookies but don't know what ones will definitely show the racing and being a lazy git I don't want to spend time walking up and down to find one. Having said after the last bevvy and bookie Saturday it might be better is we didn't find one.

The other Mathers at the west end usually shows the horse racing and there's a bookies next door. The Grosvenor round the corner might also be worth a try.

Was just going to add that, plus you have the BIG bonus of being nowhere near Leith.

the Phoenix has a Ladbrokes across the road from it

You sure? The only Ladbrokes on Broughton St is the one next to Mathers is it not? Phoenix has Crombies butchers and that wee cafe/restaurant across the road from it. Unless there is one off one of the wee side streets next to it.

Larky, you definitely need the bookies bit? Not just do betting on your phone?

You sure? The only Ladbrokes on Broughton St is the one next to Mathers is it not? Phoenix has Crombies butchers and that wee cafe/restaurant across the road from it. Unless there is one off one of the wee side streets next to it.

It's not the same on the phone and it's difficult as there will be a few of us and it's bets from kitty, a wee walk to the bookie will give a break from the drinking anyway.

You sure? The only Ladbrokes on Broughton St is the one next to Mathers is it not? Phoenix has Crombies butchers and that wee cafe/restaurant across the road from it. Unless there is one off one of the wee side streets next to it. Sorry across the street and 30 yards to the right

Edited by dan cake

You are correct, only bookie is the one next to Mathers at the other end of Broughton Street. I'm certain of this as I live nearby.