I Nearly Died.. - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I Nearly Died..

Have you ever known true terror? Well, I will tell you this my friends, I have lived it only last night, and luckily I have survived to tell you the bone chilling tale..

Imagine if you will that you're laying in bed reading your Kindle, and your poor tired eyes have had enough of 'See Spot Run' for the night. So you set it aside, turn off your lamp and settle down to snooze.

Just as you are seconds from dozing off into the welcoming pitch black darkness of sleep, a voice mere centimetres from your ear whispers menacingly, "Instead of a Dark Lord you shall have a queen, more beautiful and terrible than the DAWN!!"

Well ladies and gentlemen, I'm not afraid to say I near shat the bed, as my body levitated three feet off the mattress in horror.

So yeah, near midnight is not really the best time for your Lord of the Rings obsessed partner to be quoting lines from the movie, in the pitch dark and using what sounds like a menacing yet somewhat posh English voice.

Edited by ScottieBigDog

Have you ever known true terror? Well, I will tell you this my friends, I have lived it only last night, and luckily I have survived to tell you the bone chilling tale..

Imagine if you will that you're laying in bed reading your Kindle, and your poor tired eyes have had enough of 'See Spot Run' for the night. So you set it aside, turn off your lamp and settle down to snooze.

Just as you are seconds from dozing off into the welcoming pitch black darkness of sleep, a voice mere centimetres from your ear whispers menacingly, "Instead of a Dark Lord you shall have a queen, more beautiful and terrible than the DAWN!!"

Well ladies and gentlemen, I'm not afraid to say I near shat the bed, as my body levitated three feet off the mattress in horror.

So yeah, near midnight is not really the best time for your Lord of the Rings obsessed partner to be quoting lines from the movie, in the pitch dark and using what sounds like a menacing yet somewhat posh English voice.

Galadriel can do that to you. Send her back to the grey havens :ok:

I nearly died on the way to Dortmund the day Scotland played Germany in September.

My German friend was driving the two of us from Darmstadt to Dortmund and I was eating some food. Some of this got stuck in my throat and I couldn't breathe.

We were doing about 200km/h on the Autobahn and I signaled to him to help me. He tried to get the car over to the emergency lane but it took some time. I panicked and nearly opened the door to get out while we were still moving over.

When we got to the emergency lane it was a few more seconds of real panic until I managed to clear the food. I've never been so terrified in my puff.

I felt like shit and did so until I saw Kumnio hanging out a train window, looking like death warmed up, on the way into Dortmund Hbf.

I felt like shit and did so until I saw Kumnio hanging out a train window, looking like death warmed up, on the way into Dortmund Hbf.

Yeah thanks for that, I hadn't felt that bad for years, still quite a surreal moment, and one that I could have processed slightly better had my body and brain been working as normal.

???

When coming home (Tillydrone?) from a shift Scottie was identified as a doorman by some hang-a-bouts that decided to go for him.

He wrote a really good piece on the incident and posted a pic of a close shave where a knife had (thankfully barely) come in contact with his chest.

When coming home (Tillydrone?) from a shift Scottie was identified as a doorman by some hang-a-bouts that decided to go for him.

He wrote a really good piece on the incident and posted a pic of a close shave where a knife had (thankfully barely) come in contact with his chest.

Ah, right.

I thought you were referring to me and it had me confused!

So, that's the rinkydink and him posting again of late.

Who is next?

Daviethecat? thingonaspring?

Ah, right.

I thought you were referring to me and it had me confused!

So, that's the rinkydink and him posting again of late.

Who is next?

Daviethecat? thingonaspring?

I often accidentally referred to him/her as "thingonastring" :lol:

What about Big Dave J, Stan Drews, MCN, Mazzy, Reekie etc, etc ?

So many missing sadly.