Farage Spouting Pish On Us Television - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Farage Spouting Pish On Us Television

FARAGE : ..."they would lose the English subsidy".

"50% of people living in Scotland are on benefits".

"Salmond is a communist"

"not independent if not in EU"

"Scotland will need to use the Euro"

ha ha ha....

send him up!

So he thinks England subsidises Scotland but he doesn't want us to leave while he thinks the UK subsidises much of Europe and therefore wants to leave....I'm confused!

So he thinks England subsidises Scotland but he doesn't want us to leave while he thinks the UK subsidises much of Europe and therefore wants to leave....I'm confused!

Maybe he wants England to leave Scotland? It might be a wee bit like handing in your notice before you get sacked just to save face?

with his "well over 50% of people in scotland are on benefits" nonsense I'd say it's farage who is stoking up the anti-english feeling in scotland

Hypocritical nonsense too, since it's around 30m people in the UK as a whole so just under 50%.

Although, I'd be amazed if Farage actually knew that and hadn't just pulled the figure out of thin air.

with his "well over 50% of people in scotland are on benefits" nonsense I'd say it's farage who is stoking up the anti-english feeling in scotland

That's a bizarre one alright. Even though he said "benefits of some kind", it's still BS.

According to the biased BBC "The number of people in jobs in Scotland now stands at 2,575,000."

So, a fraction under half of the population has a job. Even if he meant to say "just over 50%", it's still not true even if you count pensioners, students, and children whose parents are claiming £13 per week child benefit.

But what he would really need to explain is the fact that a higher percentage of people in Scotland have jobs than anywhere else in the UK.

00451232-710.png

Yes and prior to his visit.He is looking for a reaction.He has chosen Glasgow because there will be plenty knuckle draggers there to protect him.

That's a bizarre one alright. Even though he said "benefits of some kind", it's still BS.

According to the biased BBC "The number of people in jobs in Scotland now stands at 2,575,000."

So, a fraction under half of the population has a job. Even if he meant to say "just over 50%", it's still not true even if you count pensioners, students, and children whose parents are claiming £13 per week child benefit.

But what he would really need to explain is the fact that a higher percentage of people in Scotland have jobs than anywhere else in the UK.

00451232-710.png

Are you counting everyone who works as not receiving any kind of benefit?

Are you counting everyone who works as not receiving any kind of benefit?

No, I was trying to make the point that, even if Farage's statistic was somehow true, the situation in England can't be any better, and might even be worse.