Torygraph Butthurt Over Alex Salmond - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Torygraph Butthurt Over Alex Salmond

Guest Extreme0

Guest Extreme0

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/scottish-independence/11073598/Alex-Salmond-Meet-the-bully-behind-the-mask.html

He had promised – threatened would be a better word – to bring our reporter a bag of sweets to his next press ‘huddle’ in Kilmarnock and, for once, he was as good as his word.

This is what happened:

First Minister: "I want everybody to witness this. It was a political promise and, as you know, we always keep our promises."
He then handed over a pack of Liquorice Allsorts, adding: "Ben, what can I say. I was going to get you the £2 pack but I don't want you looking like the way I use to look. It's the pound pack. It's [got] quite a few of the curly ones in there. You'll enjoy them, OK?"

Riley-Smith: "And you don't think it's condescending at all to give sweets to a junior reporter?"

First Minister: "OK."

At that Salmond took back the pack of sweets.

He had promised – threatened would be a better word – to bring our reporter a bag of sweets

FnTb5QR.png

Alan Cochrane seems to be losing it!

Agreed. It's obvious that he's got a deep dislike for Salmond and the very concept of independence, but he's overplaying his hand every time he writes his column. He's become an Uncle Tom for the Telegraph's core readership.

Theres a long list of journalists who absolutely despise Salmond/SNP/Yes and are hurting bad that despite their best efforts, Yes continue to make massive gains. Following journalists on Twitter has been a real eye opener for me - almost to a man, they've mocked, belittled, trolled or even abused politicians or Yes campaigners. There's the odd go at No counterparts but it is incredible how openly hostile they've been to the campaign. I can't think of any other industry where they would behave in such a way in front of customers they are supposed to be trying to attract. And they wonder why the industry is on it's knees. Idiots, the lot of them.

Page 1 of the Record is a giant "NO THANKS".

Today's guest editor - Alistair Darling :rolleyes:

Tomorrow's edition guest edited by Alex Salmond.

Yes won the toss and opted to guest edit the Friday edition (higher sales on a Friday, chance to respond etc)

Edited by Johnny_Ham

Tomorrow's edition guest edited by Alex Salmond.

Yes won the toss and opted to guest edit the Friday edition (higher sales on a Friday, chance to respond etc)

Might actually buy the Record tomorrow for the first time in years - on that note would be interesting to hear the circulation figures for today versus tomorrow

Someone ask Salmond if he's ever shagged Jenny Hjul...

I'd never heard of Jenny Hjul till just now - having just googled her she seems unhinged.

It's certainly come to something when Mr Cochrane is the moderate one in their marriage...

Edited by neilser

Might actually buy the Record tomorrow for the first time in years - on that note would be interesting to hear the circulation figures for today versus tomorrow

I was thinking the same. Can't imagine the DR will be forthcoming will the info if it shows a massive increase for the Friday edition, though.

The Cochranes are seething anti Independencers. The articles from his wife in the summer about the nat actors moving in next door were crazy stuff.

Quite - if you replace 'Scottish nationalist' with 'Nigerian', 'Romanian', 'Pole' or 'Jew' she'd be getting a visit from the police.

Quite - if you replace 'Scottish nationalist' with 'Nigerian', 'Romanian', 'Pole' or 'Jew' she'd be getting a visit from the police.

So true..Especially if you consider that every Nigerian ,Romanian or Pole is a nationalist by default.If you think about it 99 % plus of the inhabitants of the countries of the world are also nationalists.It's the Cochranes that are very much in the minority of their so called democratic beliefs.

It was interesting to note the Sunday Herald was the only UK paper to have a circulation increase this year so there might be something in it....